fiat recall

puerto

i.ve had all the recall work done,yesterday fiat customer services called to see if if i was happy with the work done, i said i was concerned that there was no drain hole on the nearside of the scuttle therefore water still poured over the fusebox,he stated that fiat would repair any damage caused even if it was out of warranty, but he believed that the work done should cure the problem, so time will tell

Hi

Does anybody have an e mail adress for Fiat Ducato in Italy ?

I purchased a new Burstner Solano T 700 on a multi Jet x250 in Germany in August 2007 and I live in Spain.I want to advise them of my address and seek their assurance that recal issues will be handled under guarantee in Spain?I have received no recall letters the dealer I purchased from knows my address.

Thanks Colin Frier

Hi I have had four recalls done today and the engine cover fitted to my 2007 X/250 2.3 multijet Ducato. Recalls done were:-

1. starter fuse

2. flash upgrade

3. steering rack

4. injectors cleaned and waterproofed

I also asked to have the engine cover fitted, the receptionist did not know about this modification but when we asked a workshop supervisor he said he had had a bulletin and would make sure the cover was fitted. They have also sealed the windscreen. I have had the cab aircon refilled once before but it stopped working soon afterwards, they have filled it again and say there is no leak ( we shall see). I have also demonstrated the mystery bump which occurs when starting from cold, the technician admitted he could hear it and feel it but a quick look underneath did not reveal the cause and it was agreed that when and if I have to bring it back for the air con they will have a better look whilst the van is on a ramp.

This work has been carried out by Northern Commercials at Brighouse in West Yorkshire two minutes off the M62, they open 24hrs and in my experience can usually fit you in with very little notice, they are very pleasant to deal with and efficient in their work.

Regards Tim

well,

ours went in wednesday morning and was complete by 2pm.

they have carried out all 6 recalls but the service manager stated that there was no recall for the scuttle problem.

he then said if fiat do come up with a solution or there is a recall for the scuttle he would get the work done straight away.

so to sum up, apart from the steering problem, they have protected a few parts under the bonnet but not sealed the scuttle, which means water is still going to get inside... which means it has to run somewhere but where??? i want to seal her up myself but am unsure as to how this would effect my warranty.. any advice??

There is a Fiat process sheet for sealing the scuttle (for 2.2l and 2.3l at least). This process sheet also includes coating the injectors (recall) and fitting the cover over the injectors (repair). So if injectors have been coated and cover fitted the chances are they know how to seal the scuttle. It seems the scuttle may only be sealed if the customer complains enough.

Colin

If you call the Fiat European Assistance Number 0080034281111 (UK) they will give you a case number for the complaint and also they can advice what specific recalls are due on your MH, they will advice you of the closest dealer to you for an inspection visit and at the same time you should check your warranty start date as most are 2-3 months earlier than the date you took delivery.

Chris

• 1 month later...

WE have a Swift Bolero 630FB & have had the same recalls done as Geoff Cole. HAven't been out much since but were wondering if the fix for the steering problem has resolved everyones problems satisfactorily. As it is intermittant but very scary when it happens it has been difficult to tell for us so far.

Also has anyone had to pay for their covers to solve the water ingress problem as our dealer has told us today that the part is available but has to be purchased - they are not part of the recall.

Hi,

I certainly did not have to pay for the rubber covers fitted as part of the Fiat recall. I have just had my camper serviced and had a chat to the mechanic. He had a large boxful of Fiat rubber bits and a stock of EGR valves all for warrenty work. If any dealer is charging for these bits then they are taking the p..s. They get the bits free. As regards the steering rack the recall relubes the steering rack Mine has been ok. The recalls I had did not include sealing the scuttle, according to the garage Fiat are still working on the problem. Have a look at page 240 in Febs MMM colin friers solution is published.

I am using 3m windscreen sealer instead of silicone its easier to clean of the windscreen than silicone and is a non hardening mastic it is made for the job. The inserts for the new drains I obtained from Travis Perkins I am using 20mm alcathene pipe inserts.

I have also sprayed the engine and electrics in duck oil to dispel the water and keep the rust at bay.

As colin says in his article the scuttle is only part of the problem, the bonnet also needs a seal round it I am using a "P" section white rubber draft excluder.

The only solution is to keep the water out altogether.

The other way of getting recall info and making sure that you are on Fiats mailing list is to go on their web site (Fiat.co.uk ) select (contact us) from the main menu then select (need some help) from there you can request a call back at a time to suit you. I have found them very helpfull. I have had a couple of phone calls from Fiat since doing this and notification of recalls with back up calls to see if the work was carried out ok. I know a lot of us are having problems but be polite to the person on the phone its not there fault, they just take the flak. I have found this has worked for me, good luck.

thank you michele  colin and geoff for your reply .we have just ordered a new van for march. on a fiat , i thought i could be up to-date with any recalls .get them done before  pick up van  march. dealer says its possible . sorry that my last post was not in English .

Archived