Silverscreens on 2007 Transit

Guest machra

Just received info from Silverscreens regarding fitting of their external screens to my 2007 Transit. (They supply the same screens for Transit from 2001 up to present day) It appears that a velcro strap is wrapped around the bottom of the doors and not the usual strap fix around the door mirrors.

Has anyone had any experience with this fitting? I am concerned that the strap will mark the van doors.

Can anyone confirm that 'Taylormade' screens for 2007 Transit are also fitted in this way??

We got ours from Taylormade in March and they said they were for the new Transit. Ours tucks inside the top of the door and has a wrap around section that goes under the mirror and velcros there. We got the longer version that covers the grill and also drops down to let light in without full removal

Hope this helps,

Mandy

I spoke to taylors 10 days ago and was told their screen for the Mk4 Transit was not ready.  They had run into a problem with the A pillar mounted radio aerial.

I got a set from Silverscreens and, although it seems the windscreen pad could do to be slightly wider on the new Transit, it all fits fine.  The strap that passes under the door is a bit inelagant, but it is the fluffy bit of the velcro and not the rough bit, so seems unlikely to cause any damage to paint.

Thanks for all the replies and info.

I rang Taylormade today. They have altered their screens due to the radio aerial fitting and are now in a position to supply these updated ones. Apparently they use an elastic strap in place of Silverscreen's velcro strap.

Archived