Hydraulic or Electric leveling systems

Vennwood

Does anyone have any advice or experience on the use of leveling systems - hydraulic or otherwise? What makes are around, who fits them (now that Transleisure have bit the dust) and are they effective. I won't say cost effective as I gather these are expensive items

Transleisure continue to exist under a different name after they sold out to a bigger company. The same Transleisure people were on the stand at the last show I attended although the name was the new one. If I could remember what they call themselves now I would say so. Anybody else remember?

C.

Re Clive's comment on Transleisure ownership. I was at Brownhills Newark branch last week and the salesman I was speaking to mentioned in conversation that Transleisure had gone bust six weeks earlier. However their web-site is still active, anyone know the truth? I always found them good to deal with having had an Oyster system fitted and they were always able to help over the 'phone when I had a query. Really handy company as a one stop fit it all.

Bill Ord

Bill,

I lifted this from one of the other forums.

"Re transleisure.

The company was placed into the hands of liquidators on Friday 12 Oct 2007, this was not a decision that had been taken lightly.

The Staff and Mangament at Transleisure had worked extremely hard to make it the best in the feild, and whilst not everyone experienced the service they had hoped for, many have. But ultimately if expenditure out strips revenue then somewhere down the line there will be a derailment.

Ten-Haaft GMBH, the manufacturer of the Oyster Range have formed a daughter company called Oyster-Sat-Tech Ltd (OST) to carry out business as the UK distribution arm of Ten-Haaft.

Ten-Haaft owners asked myself, Bill Antill Snr, and Andy Barrett to work for them, hence why we were at the show as Ten-Haaft.

Telephone numbers are to be arranged today, I will let people know as soon as I know.

Warranty:

OST will carry out any work on Oyster, if it is in warranty (3 Years Manufacture) you must produce a receipt so that things are documented.

For those wishing to purchase Oyster please ask your local dealer or email me for recommendation.

I will always try to help whatever the issue.

Major,major if you are sub-contracted to another("Woody") then it is his responsibilty to pay you for whatever work you have done not his client. If you would like further clarification please email me I will give you the details of the Liquidators.

Note I was an employee not a Director, but I was decision maker and take full responsablity for any of my actions, should any one feel I have acted in a less than properly, has as been suggested elsewhere, please contact the relevent authorities and let them investigate, I have nothing to hide.

But please remember forums are an information source and I hope that I have managed to inform and have help avoid speculation and mis-information.

Hi, we have an electric leveling Level Tronic system fitted by Tranleisure at Newark when they were in business on our Autotrail Cheyenne 840. We have found them perfect in fact sometimes too perfect as the van can be so level that the rain water does not run off. Occassionally have found that due to the lie of the land the rear ones won't always go right down. Have, when possible, scooped out the soil. Once down no wobbles and nice and level. My only concern is will they go up! as if they don't you can't start the engine, however there is a manual override but that means getting down and somehow winding them. Ours, so far have never let us down!!. They are also a good security system, we normally keep our van at side of house under carport behind locked doors but leave in road before we go away. Put one leveller down, bring in remote control and no one can start engine. Expensive yes, we paid just under £2000 but well worth it. Not sure who fit them now but would be interested to learn in case I need anything done to them.

Gerry

Hi Pete,

They are of Italian origin, Ares Engineering S.r.L, Via Brenta No 7 36010 Carre (V1) -Italy Tel +39 0445 720021 fax +39 0445 720022.

I have subsequently been told that Towtal of Hanley? Stoke on Trent are fitting them. Have not checked but it is a lead. Worth trying the internet.

Hope this helps.

Gerry

Archived