HEKI 3 leak 2

Paul M

:-D

Hi everybody, with reference to my request of help on November 20th.

I think I have found where the leak is! (I Hope). It seems that it may be one of the joining seams on the roof. This could have been caused by me using the pressure washer on the roof, never again!

I intend to remove as much of the old sealant that I can and then put some new on. Which is the best sealant to use?

Paul

Hapiness is no white bits!

As the van is a Rapido, I would suggest you consult Rapido UK.  It is not normally very effective to replace surface beads of mastic, since the visible bead is usually what has exuded from a more complex hidden joint.  A proper cure is likely to mean more than a simple "cosmetic" application of what you can see is missing.  Effective cure also depends on efficient removal of all the old mastic, and careful cleaning and drying of the mating surfaces.  Finally, since there will be other sealed joints somewhere that the failed joint will meet up with, or a continuation of the failed joint that remains sound, it will be important to get a new mastic that is compatible with the old, so that one does not have an adverse effect on the other.

Archived