Dometic Fridge Vent

Barny

We have recently lost (fell off or stolen?) the top exterior vent on our Nuevo motorhome leaving a big gaping hole in the side! Only our second outing since collecting it from dealer!! |Have tried lots of spares dealers and can only find both top and bottom vents for sale as a pair at around £40! This seems ridiculous having to buy both, when we only require one! Has anyone had this problem and do they know where we could buy just a single vent? Or has anyone bought a pair of white ones just to replace their bottom one, and now have the top one going spare?

Barny - 2007-12-05 5:04 PM

We have recently lost (fell off or stolen?) the top exterior vent on our Nuevo motorhome leaving a big gaping hole in the side! Only our second outing since collecting it from dealer!! |Have tried lots of spares dealers and can only find both top and bottom vents for sale as a pair at around £40! This seems ridiculous having to buy both, when we only require one! Has anyone had this problem and do they know where we could buy just a single vent? Or has anyone bought a pair of white ones just to replace their bottom one, and now have the top one going spare?

Barny,

If that £40 is for two vents and not the covers that is not a bad price.

See http://www.waudbys.co.uk/products/details/16166.html

Don

Barny, Do you mean the vent 'Winter cover' or the whole vent ?

I lost my upper winter cover because one of the little white plastic clips had a tab broken off (heavy handed me !) i thought that it would hold for the journey home.......but i was wrong, it is somewhere cluttering up the side of the M5 near the Devon/Somerset border. I searched for a replacement (one) but could only buy a pair, £17.95 here http://www.waudbys.co.uk/products/details/16288.html

think they are about the cheapest,I got 4 spare plastic clips too...just in case. good luck ! :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Tracker

In 35 years of motor caravans I'm still working on losing one of these as they just do not normally fall off even in high winds.

I would be on the phone to the supplying dealer pdq and very politely asking for replacements foc.

Archived