Lightweight Plywood

benowl5

I purchased a used motorhome this Spring and have become completely obsessed with her. Being the huge football fan I am, it was my intention to spend time modernising her interior, changing the engine and driving her down to Switzerland (Interlaken) for the Euros next summer.

It appears that the Switzerland idea is now dead in the water. :'( but the modernisation plans must go ahead. I've found most of the items I need to carry out the works. The only thing i can't find is where to get lightweight plywood from, this is the stuff I need to build new cupboards etc....

Anyone got any suggestions?

hello Ben & welcome to the forum.

You will find a wealth of information here and some very knowledgable guys.

Regarding the plywood. You don't say what Motorhome you have.

I know of 2 sources local to me, but I am sure there are others, also.

Magnum Motorhomes at Grimsby

O'Leary's near Beverley

Both can supply the same thickness as the Manufacturers use and may be able to match your existing. They will also be able to supply various edging strips, etc..

You can find both on the Classified section of this website (grey area links on the left.) Also check out MMM magazine Classified.

You should be able to find some others if these are not "local" to you.

Sound advice lads. Thanks very much! Its a bit on the pricy side though aint it! 8-)

I'll have to be careful with the old jigsaw :-S

While I've got the chair guys, can someone PM me details on how to get a picture in my Avatar?

Also how do you see who's browsing the forum?

benowl5:

1. Browsing the forum?

Move to bottom right-hand corner of this web-page and click on "Return to Homepage". Move to bottom of Homepage and the forum registered users who are currently on-line are shown in the "Out&About Live Forums information center" box. (There may also be 'guests' on-line, but they obviously can't be listed.)

2. Adding avatars?

This information is also accessed via the Homepage. Move to top of Homepage and click on Announcements, followed by Forums FAQ. How to add an avatar is the penultimate piece of advice given under the title "Uploading an image" and beginning "Q: How do I get a picture under my name when I post?"

benowl5 - 2007-12-11 12:04 AM

I'll have to be careful with the old jigsaw :-S

Ben

I usually find the best way to cut thin plywood is by using a straight edge and a sharp "Stanley" (or similar) knife. It will give a cleaner cut edge than a Jigsaw.

Also because the plywood has a large surface area and thin cross section it will tend to shudder and move with the Jigsaw's action..

I would use the rule "Measure twice, cut once"

Archived