Peugeot

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

What goes round seems to come round?

Once upon a time Peugeot and their dealers were a reasonably friendly and helpful bunch and Fiat were renowned for their apathy and poor service - so many of us bought Peugeot based vans as a first choice over Fiat.

Nowadays it seems that Fiat are getting their act together and Peugeot are disappearing into the gloom of their own apathy and I for one will not be buying another Peugeot based van unless things change radically. Don't hold your breath!

Having had nothing but bad attitude and shoddy service from our local Peugeot dealer in Haverfordwest they have now gone bust.

Whilst I have every sympathy for some of the decent hard working staff who genuinely did try and give some sort of a service, I have absolutely no sympathy for the owners and management who, in my view, were highly instrumental in bringing about their own demise.

Is there a Peugeot dealer anywhere who gives good service with a smile at an affordable price I wonder?

Hi Rich- I am quite happy with my main Peugeot dealer with the few occasions I have had the van there, I think it goes without saying that main dealers are expensive, who else is going to pay for the fancy showrooms and free drinks machines (lol) I cannot fault mine as regards smiles and courtesy, and a phone call a week later from them asking if I was satisfied with the service I recieved, it was the vans first main service, which I felt had to be done with them to follow the warranty terms. Regards chas

We have always bought cars from the Peugeot stable, Rootes group and Chrysler then Talbot before they were Peugeot, our 'brand loyalty' being one of the main reasons we bought our particular make of van on a Boxer chassis. We also have always been pleased with the service of our main dealer over the years that has changed hands several times.

However the latest owners Toomey Motors, who seem to be taking over every local dealership in our locality whatever the make, are the worst I have had to deal with, they are quite clearly financially oriantated and do not put the customer first. I haven't had to complain as yet but I have had to argue over warranty issues (with a new car not the motorhome) so it may be the new generation of franchise dealer that is the problem rather than Peugeot themselves, they seem to have got themselves into an unasailable position where you are forced to use them or else journey 30 plus miles to the nearest dealership that isn't owned by them.

The same happened when the local Ford dealers were taken over by one of these all brand dealerships and I will never again deal with them either.

Bas

Archived