Waterproof Covers

lunartraveller1

If you use a Protec make sure it can't flap about, as it will abrade your paintwork right off your M/H. I had this happen to my old (cough) Caravan.

"If you use a Protec make sure it can't flap about, as it will abrade your paintwork right off your M/H. I had this happen to my old (cough) Caravan."

Peter, are you talking about the inside surface of the cover material or the edge of the cover - or perhaps grit blowing inside? One of the main reasons I went for Protec was the fact the material is supposed to be less/non- abrasive.

We use our Protec all the time, including in the summer, we don't lay up but we cover anyway and have had no problems on windows or body work for the two to three years we have had ours where the inner lining touches.

However I have not seen how the part covers are made but if any of the outer fabric is turned inside I would be wary as this last couple of weeks with the high winds the turned over sewn edge of ours where it crossed our wheel trims did take the paint off! I am now using black dustbin bags over the wheels. But we have not had any problem with the cover where the inner lining contacts the vehicle. I will be speaking to Protec regarding this as I have seen nothing in the instructions that come with the cover that warns of this.

Bas

Hmm, I'll need to keep an eye on my roof cover. It fits fine over the pod and is well secured at the rear with straps to the bumper, but along both sides of the van the cover flaps a bit in the wind even after tightening adjustment straps. I think grit blowing onto the roof may be more of a problem though.

Archived