Outside Air Temperature

Millhey

Hi

You can odtain a "wireless" thermometer and all bells ringing weather station from Aldi. I have our outdoor sensor ( 3" X 2")strapped to the roof rails of our Rapido and the monitor in the van, all works well in most weather conditions. Cost I think was about twelve pounds.

Hope this is of help

Paul and Ann

Hapiness is no white bits!

I have my external sensor superglued to the inside of the front bumper bar. The sensor needs to be 'in the shade' and out of the air stream to give reasonably accurate temperatures. It is very useful in cold conditions to judge if there is likely to be ice on the roads.

Phil.

Hi Philman

If he sensor is super glued to the inside of the bumper and assuming that the sensor is a wireless type, then how do you get at it to replace the battery?

I am looking for a good place to fix my sensor.

Requirements - accessible, reasonably clean area, sensor protected from heat reflected from hot road, exhaust pipe etc.

Just to throw a spanner in the works (perhaps just because I can :D ), I fixed the external air temperature sensor of my own unit behind the front bumper, it works fine when we're tooling along the motorway (or even on site for a few days) but as soon as we become bogged down in traffic it gives artificially high readings. It would appear that heat from the radiator while near stationary can be directed downward to the sensor.

D.

Archived