Fixing TomToms

empress

Hello Patricia

You have slightly misunderstood how this works. All the GO720 (possibly other TT's as well) have the Traffic facility using GPRS and is by an annual subscription plus your mobile data costs, the 720 uses 'Bluetooth' to conect to the phone.

The Traffic (TMC) facility, which is what comes with the 720T version or you can buy as an add on to other Tom Toms, is an aerial and reciever that connects to a socket on the 720 that uses RDS traffic information (like the Trafficmaster) to display the information on your TT screen and voice. It is a completely FREE service once you have bought the TMC/ RDS adaptor and in theory is a good idea.

Bas

Thank you for putting me right Bas. Well, the TomTom has arrived but I haven't had time to look at it yet!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a quick look earlier this afternoon Bas and it looks wonderful - paired my mobile with it within seconds and the data link. Was just about to put my journey to Derby in (going to have TracVision fitted - see other thread) when my daughter phoned for me to go and have lunch (bit tempted to refuse - how pathetic is that?) and have only just returned home (snowing here heavily now by the way). So, I am about to resume playing with my new toy and hoping to download some POI's ready for my trip to France next week.

Archived