Le Touquet

michele

If it helps anyone as most will know there has been alot going on or not what ever the case may be at the Equestrian Centre building works.

I was a bit confused by the sign last week which has just been errected .

There was no electricity they had all been dismantled if thats the word .

All the electrics that used to be there have been stripped from the boxes .

They have started the work to the Viewing Gallery .

yes you can still stay there they have installed a borne which is not new so some of you may already know .

To say sorry the picture will not load there is a server error.

will try again later .

• 9 months later...

Thanks Michele, I was on the site, I think it was mid Jan 07 when they started erecting the scaffolding and the temporary Heras fencing, the workers banging around woke me up just in time to be able to get the dog to the vets in Etaple! I had to climb over some scaffolding to uplug my electrics.

As you say not a lot appears to have been going on.

It's worth noting that the English and French information-sections on the sign tell different stories, with the French one indicating that just one 'pay' service-pedestal is available to provide water and electricity.

The most recent campingcar-infos entry for this Le Touquet aire says:

Nous avons passé le week end du 27 & 28 Septembre.

Aire parfaite, plate, herbeuse..

Pas de circulation auto, des jeux à proximité pour les enfants. La borne fonctionne. le forfait 24h est de 6,50 euros, ce qui est tout a fait normal. Pour cela vous avez même des navettes gratuites pour le centre ville.

Merci à la ville du Touquet

"La borne fonctionne" seems to confirm what's said in French on the notice - one run-of-the-mill service pedestal providing, for 2 euros, roughly 100 litres of water and 55 minutes of 230V electricity . The construction work has evidently been completed.

When we were at Le Touquet in July we stayed on a camping-car aire nearer the front, definitely not the one in your pics Michele. No elec pitches, just a borne, and again €6.50 a night. Reasonably quiet though, and a bit of grass between each vna and the footpath, allowing tables etc to be put out. An easy stroll from the centre and the Sand Sculptures.

I'm sure I had a couple of pics, but can't find them. Must be on Elizabeth's computer. If so I'll log on from hers later and post them.

Just returnind from france, and on the way down we stayed overnight at teh Le Touquet Aire - the one by the sea, and Yacht Club. Great location, and even when we got there mid August at 9.30pm we found an excellent spot. The spaces allocated must be twice the width of the motorhome, so you are not within scound' distance of your neighbour.

On our way back up, we wanted to have a look at Le Touquet itself, so went initially to the aire mentioned above by the equestrian centre. What a mess it was, and not a very nice location. A lot of concrete, but having had some heavy rain, the 'grassy' part was totally unusable. In the end we went back to the one we stayed at on the way down, and it was very quiet, plenty of spaces, and really no further to walk into the town than the equestrian centre one..

Archived