wind deflectors

Guest keith

I've toyed with the idea of buying wind deflectors for my m/home side windows, to help keep me cool whilst motoring in southern europe. so far, i have been unable to find anyone who has used them. does anyone out there know if they are worthwhile?

This was the first item I bought when I purchased a M/H. It cuts down or even stops wind noise and draughts when the window(s) are open. I wouldn't be without them. When parked windows can be open several inches without rain coming in.

Guest peter goddard
We also use them and they are very effective in keeping out droughts while the van is moving. But the main reason I bought mine was to try and stop water running off the roof and in through an open window, and no they don't work.

Guest Roger C
I bought a pair of Parma deflectors - they fit well and were very effective travelling at 60-65mph in 80+ temperatures. I think they also seem to have almost cured, or certainly cut down the dreaded Ducato door wind noise. Not cheap but definitely worth it.

john, i phoned parma-0800 619 3899- and was quoted £50 a pair (incl. delivery) i also tried the internet, and prices were similar (around £46). keith

Hello Keith, Have posted this on PM forum as well. Remember that the wind deflectors will need to be removed to fit the external Silver Screens. Regards, Mike C.

thanks mike, but i have a built in internal(but thin) silverscreen and so far havent needed an external.i'll leave it till i get caught out, as usual!!! I take it then that the deflectors can be left on long term, not just when needed?

Hello Keith, Yes the wind deflectors can be left on with the windows open or closed. They fit in the window glass channel outside of the glass. Some have retaining clips to keep them in place. Regards, Mike C.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest David Powell
Hi everyone....a bit late reading this one have been in hospital for the last month following a stroke. No one mentioned aerodynamics. I read some where that driving with the cab door windows open increases the resistance by something in the vicinity of 15%, and therefore increases fuel consumption! So dash out and buy wind deflectors A.S.A.P.

Archived