Kontiki 610

angiecon

I have been offered a Kontiki 610 at a very reasonable price, but before I buy can anyone tell me if they have experienced any problems with them, also why have Swift stopped making this model. I would be grateful for any information on this model.

Guest Tracker

What year and mileage is it and do you want to disclose the asking price?

Is it a dealer or private sale? Is there a warranty available for base vehicle or conversion? If the price is right I would not worry too much about a warranty as the base vehicles are pretty tough and most of the conversions and technical bits are straightforward to sort out if trouble looms.

I've never had a Swift so cannot comment specifically but I have friends who either love or hate their own Swifts due to good or bad experiences!

If the price was right and the layout was right I would not be put off buying a Swift and I have had lots of 'vans over the past 35 years!

Models do seem to change on a whim but it is often due either to lack of demand for that specific layout or maybe even just a change in model designation.

No doubt Swift owners on here will be able and willing to report their own findings to help you.

Good luck!

PS Welcome to the madhouse!

Angiecon:

MMM magazine published a full test report on the Kon-Tiki 610 in the May 2005 issue (pages 166 through 176) and it would be worth you getting your hands on a copy.

The 610 was a 'low profile' design, whereas current Kon-Tiki models all have over-cab sleeping areas. I suppose the nearest thing to a K-T 610 in the current Swift Group range is the Bolero 630PR, though the shorter (and significantly cheaper) Sundance 580PR's interior layout is conceptually closer to that of the 610. I don't think there are any suspicious reasons for Swift not continuing K-T 610 production - motorhome manufacturers are forever re-jigging their model ranges to try to match buyer demands or increase market share.

An earlier posting that might be of interest is:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2388&posts=8

Archived