best multiple sea crossing deals?

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

Any idea as to who is offering best multiple deals for sea crossings, as I remember before Christmas there was chat regards this.

my preference is the tunnel but the 5 returns deal probably more then we need, so a 3 or 4 return package would be better.

Hi Judge,

Sea France Carnet deal might suit you then as they start at three returns and you can allocate one to another party costs £32 each way per sailing i.e. £192 for three returns valid for one year from first trip. If you want I'll have one off of you for £64! :-D :-D :-D

Bas

Edit P.S. I have already booked one single trip return for £75 with P&O on standard booking site.

Guest JudgeMental

Hi Basil, just called them and prices are the same for motorhomes as cars at the moment. they have no specific prices for motorhomes but are likely to have these by February - probably means a price rise....

there is a peak time supplement of £25 each journey, but I think this is still good value @ £32 each way ( 6 trip carnet price) plus supplement brings it to £114 for summer peak return.....

no amendment charges and a turn up and go policy as well. I will miss the convenience of the tunnel though... *-)

Hello Judge,

Don't know about convenience, its very quick to embark and disembark and we find the trip across the water sort of makes the holiday. A nice hour walking about and having a reasonable meal made for you, makes you feel like you are really going away not down some dark hole that is just another road.

Funny how we all see things differently!

Bas

Hi scotchjock,

Where did that price come from please, and what size of van? I have just checked against our van size and they are double that in the main though the france dover crossing is a little less at £39, however that is still dearer than the P&O comparable crossing at £35.50.

I can get those prices for a van under 2.4 height and under 5m length and is also subject to a credit card surcharge of £4 though currently no fuel surcharge on other than the Irish Sea routes.

Bas

Guest JudgeMental

Well.... after a little more research I think I will stick with Eurotunnel.

Sea france charge a supplement of £25 each way for peak time sailings and as most of my crossings are at peak it works out more expensive.

Why? because the tunnel does not charge peak fares if you travel after 4pm and return before 2 pm.

I think that sea France may appear more flexible but on investigation they are similar. I want to go to Belgium half term for a few days but unsure of my return date. with Eurotunnel I just call/email and book outgoing and contact them again for return....

tunnel £39 @ way + £9 supplement for campervan = £96

ferry £32 @ way + £25 peak supplement = £114

Obviously if you have time and can travel outside peak times ferry's probably cheaper. but I love the convenience and speed of the tunnel and not having to drive into Dover at peak times is a bonus......

Guest JudgeMental
Philman - 2008-01-10 9:22 PM

I didn't realise the supplements were at peak times, I thought it was just some weekends and easter.

Phil.

supplement dates are on sea france website. for me all my crossings fall into ferry "peaks" from easter to summer etc.

where as tunnel works differently. peak "times" not "dates" so we usually travel out around teatime and back after lunch so not peak with tunnel......

Archived