elektroblock EBL 99 FAULT?

Brian Peters

Hi all, ive just found a fault on my Burstner Charging system, with mains connected i have fully working 12volt system and 230v sockets are ok, but no charge to my leasure battery and no float charge to my mercs starter battery.

The 230v led is not showing on my van control panel? If i disconnect the mains and start the van up i get a good charge going to both batteries?

What output should i be getting from auxilary harging unit? I have checked all relevant fuses and all seems ok,any ideas?????????????????????

I have emailed Schaudt for the technical data for this particular model and will post some more detailed answers when this is to hand. Are you able to check (using a meter) the actual mains input at the Elektroblock ? Its MAINS so appropriate precautions must be taken. If you are not sure then get a professional to help you.

C.

Brian

Is this any use to you, extract from manual, have tried to attach but get a server error from site

Living area battery is not

charged during 230 V

operation (battery voltage

constantly below 13.3 V)

No mains voltage Switch on the automatic

fuse in the vehicle

Have the mains voltage

checked

Defective Electrobloc Call customer service

Living area battery is overcharged

during 230 V

constantly above 14.5 V)

Starter battery is not

charged during 230 V

constantly below 13.0 V)

No mains voltage Switch on the automatic

fuse in the vehicle

Have the mains voltage

checked

Living area battery is not

charged during mobile

below 13.0 V)

Defective alternator Have the alternator

checked

No voltage at D+ input Have the fuse and wiring

checked

The living area battery is

overcharged during mobile

constantly above 14.3 V)

Defective alternator Have the alternator

Chris

checked internal fuse,"BLOWN" I replaced it with new fuse,as soon as external mains applied, "BANG" fuse blown again.

i will strip box down and check for dry joints,if i cant find a fault i will have to purchase a new box.

My biggest fear is if i fit a brand new box and this fuse still pops,ive wasted £600 :'(

Ah,

The rapid - even explosive demise of the replacement fuse suggests to me that the switch mode charger switching transistors could well be kaput.

How old is the Motorhome and have you asked Schaud directly if they will replace the unit?

Schaudt contact details :-

www.schaudt-gmbh.de

Schaudt GmbH

Elektrotechnik & Apparatebau

Daimlerstr. 5

D - 88677 Markdorf

Telefon: +49 (0)7544/9577-0

Fax: +49 (0)7544/9577-29 Electrical systems.

kontakt@schaudt-gmbh.de

I am still waiting for my reply, normally they are quite quick. I guess they have a long Christmas break!

I have a reply from Udo Lang at Schaudt :-

Also a copy of the technical manual for the unit. I suggest you do as Udo asks or if the van is still under warranty get the dealer to disconnect it for you and to agree to this course of action. Show them this email below.

I have emailed you directly the full email from Schaudt with attachment.

Good luck

Clive

"Dear Sir,

If the charger have no charging output via mains supply, please send the unit for repair to us.

Please enclose the parcel a short note of the faulty of the EBL and the latest date, you need the unit back.

We will do the repair right in time.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions.

With best regards,

Udo

many many thx clive, I will send the unit to Germany for repair, ive since found that a circuit board has fried so hopefully they can fit new board.

I notice that Schaudt sell an overvoltage protection unit that goes between mains and Elektroblock so i might invest in one once i get my box repaired.

I think a power surge may has caused my problem in the first place.

Once again Clive thank you very much for your help and advice. I will let you know when (Betsy) Burstner is back to full health.

• 5 years later...

Archived