never leave home without items

gadjo

Happy New Year to you all

I am due to take delivery of my new (first) motorhome mid March to early April it's an Auto Trail Cheyenne 696 low bed B-)

It comes with the SE pack so has quite a high spek of gadgets and stuff. I am now trying to make list of other accessories I might need and I thought I'd ask you good folk on the forum for advice about the things that you would never leave home without or have found invaluable over time.

I know a lot of the time you know you need it till you havent got it but I just though it would be interesting to know how people have developed things over time.

cheers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tracker

Along with the usuals like clothes, food, linen, toiletries, cleaners, and bedding we include -

Decent comprehensive toolkit (with multimeter), wellies, large umbrella, spare fuses and bulbs, an 'anti rattle' kit (foam, felt, double sided tape etc), torch(es), batteries, hot water bottle, first aid kit, sewing kit, binoculars, bag of coins for tolls and car park machines, calculator, pen & pencil, tyre pressure gauge, sunglasses and sunscreen, anti midge kit, 12v fan, dustpan & brush, hi vis tops, red triangles (2), fire extinguisher, bleach (smelly waste tank cure), plunger (sink waste pipe clearing for the use of), gas spanner, toilet chemical, sat nav, spare spectacles, camera, water hose (and fittings for almost every tap known to mankind), bucket, car shampoo, funnel, grip tracks, tow rope, levelling blocks, tyre inflator, jump leads, two gas bottles,

oh yes - and a cuddly toy or two (for the dawg!)

Not comprehensive by any means - and not everyone will agree but it works for us and I can get myself over most problems encountered - so far!

I have a full list on Excel and can email it if you wish?

Guest Tracker
cronkle - 2008-01-04 2:03 PM

Tracker

I thought you had been looking in my van until I saw 'plunger- for drains etc'. Good idea that-must get one.

Don't you carry duck tape?

Duck tape, duct tape, masking tape, insulating tape (black, red, blue, green, white, brown and yellow), selotape (narrow and wide), invisible tape, double sided tape, waterproof tape, ptfe tape, iron on tape, bias binding, self amalgamating tape (for hose repairs).

Anything I've missed please advise and I'll get some!

Guest Tracker
malc d - 2008-01-04 5:00 PM

Not an essential but we always take one of those little fold up toasters, that make toast over a gas ring.

Just like toast made on an open fire ! ;-)

Yes, so do we Malc, if fact we have two of them so the waiting time is less and we can eat together!

Tracker - 2008-01-04 5:03 PM

malc d - 2008-01-04 5:00 PM

Not an essential but we always take one of those little fold up toasters, that make toast over a gas ring.

Just like toast made on an open fire ! ;-)

Yes, so do we Malc, if fact we have two of them so the waiting time is less and we can eat together!

We don't even wait to go away to use ours now - we bought a second to use at home !

( ..and I don't even work for the company that makes them).

Tracker - 2008-01-04 3:14 PM

cronkle - 2008-01-04 2:03 PM

Tracker

I thought you had been looking in my van until I saw 'plunger- for drains etc'. Good idea that-must get one.

Don't you carry duck tape?

Duck tape, duct tape, masking tape, insulating tape (black, red, blue, green, white, brown and yellow), selotape (narrow and wide), invisible tape, double sided tape, waterproof tape, ptfe tape, iron on tape, bias binding, self amalgamating tape (for hose repairs).

Anything I've missed please advise and I'll get some!

POLICE, do not cross. tape :D :D :D

if you have a daughter who comes with you ,then consider roof box,back box side lockers then you may have enough space for her clothes and shoes.being serious she isent that bad,i have a tag axle E769 and my wife and i get to have one each of the 11plus lockers available..................go away for a couple of weekends (good excuse to use it) and you will soon learn what you require other than the obvious.Enjoy.

Guest Tracker
malc d - 2008-01-04 7:00 PM

I notice that Tracker takes invisible tape.

I've never seen that in the shops.

;-)

That's because it's - er - invisible!

Archived