SOG Toilet cassette vent system

Stuart

Guest Malcolm
Had one fitted in my custom built coachbuilt earlier this year. Very pleased with it. No more chemicals which is good for the environment not to mention the pocket, no more explosions from gas build up and no more dodgy smells. Go for it!

Guest Brian Ramsden
I have had one for years on an ordinary cassette toilet and highly recommend it. Very reliable, very "green" and pays for itsslef if you use your 'van frequently. Brian

Sorry to butt in late, but only just spotted the thread. I note that there are a number of consumables in a SOG too - filters etc - is the cost of these less than the cost of chemicals? Also, is it possible to run it in "chemical mode" if you find yourself in some out-of-the-way place where you can't get the filters?

I have looked very carefully at the SOG system and cannot see where £85.00 comes from. So I have done my own version and called it the "PONGO". Its fitted to a conventional non swivel bench Thetford but the venting system does NOT require a hole to be cut in the side of the pouring spout. In stead I have a new spout cap with a fume outlet as well as the original cab that is stored under the casette for fitting during transportation to the emptying point. Currently it is without the charcoal filter. If I find it needs one then there is a place for it. So, If you find any unsavory whifs at York is me doing some testing on the Mk 1! C.

Archived