Bathroom tap

P  E Jennings

We did have the same problem with water pooling, but when it went into Barrons for its Habitation service they fixed it. Ed has just been out to have a look and thinks there is a rubber O ring and the forset pulls off the rubber O ring needs replaceing or binding with PFE tape. maybe worth a try. Carol.

We have a leaky kitchen tap and have been told that the whole tap would need to be replaced instead of fitting a new washer. That can't be right, can it? having said that I can't see how to dismantle the tap to replace any washer. Hymer 694 '93 model. Can anyone help please?

Thanks ike

If yours is a newish van it may have ceramic washers in the taps. Mine did, a 1999 mirage 6000. The shower mixer had been dripping for months. There's a push on plastic top on the tap which has a small 'concealed' notch in it, this will prise off (attack it gently). Then there will be a small screw which holds the lever in place. Then the upper body of the tap is just a push fit onto the lower body, but there will be crud at the joint so I wrapped a cloth around it and moved it with a small pipe wrench. Below this is the ceramic filter cartridge. I took mine to bits carefully whilst remembering the destruction sequence. She said I'll never get that back together again ! On mine there was an accumulation of limescale on the ceramic washers which was forcing the tiny and multi holed rubber washers off their seats. This was removed with fine emery paper. All went back together and has worked as it should since. This took about an hour one morning last september whilst on an aire near st tropez.

Hope this helps

regards

Allen

Archived