e bay for sales ?

bob b

Guest Le Thou

Hi Bob

I think selling anything relates to how much you are expecting. If you hope to acheive the current retail market price then I think that the likes of MMM is your best bet, however if you are keen to sell at a reasonable price then it will should sell on Ebay but expect to take less than retail and also expect the usual idiots and tyre kickers.

Worth mentioning is that if you include within the text of your add "No Canvassers" the tele-sales people who are the scourge of the planet are not allowed by law to contact you. If they do you can report them to Trading Standards.

You choice but I would always go to the MMM's for something of such high value.

Good Luck

Guest JudgeMental

I sold my last unit via a couple of eb*y adds in October 2006 (when I ordered a new EuraMobil from Belgium). Its fast, cheap and does the job. MMM fine but it takes a while for adds to appear - eb*y is instantaneous.

Guest Le Thou

As JM says it's done within the week but it comes at a price, if you are not to a deadline or "need the cash" the I'd always go down the advertising route, if that fails then you can stick it on Ebay.

There are other Internet sites such as www.caravanfinder.co.uk it's worth a look.

Guest JudgeMental
bob b - 2008-01-04 9:34 PM

Did you have many time wasters Eddie ? ie something for nothing !

not at all, a few cheeky offers - only to be expected I suppose. and eventually sold it for a good price in the region of what I wanted....

but at less then £10 an advert - its hard to beat.....

You can always do a best offer sale, whereby you put in a price and people make an offer. It' up to you which offer, if any that you accept. It's not an auction so you are under no obligation to let it go at highest offer. Alternatively you can do the usual auction bit, but set a reserve that you are prepared to sell it for. Not forgeting the E.Bay costs which on a high value item can be quite a bit, so find that out first. HTH

if you do sell on ebay .look at other sellers wording like i reserve to with draw as i advertised else were . ask for a large deposit on  completion  by paypall then cash on collection. deposit non refundable. you will get lots of strange emails wile selling be careful. it does work but so does MMM . i have sold on both all ways got the full asking price in MMM . but on ebay believe or not never came to see van until he had bought it .turned up payed the cash then had a look round ,showed him how things worked then he was off home.

Archived