Italian Autostrades

Don Madge

handyman - 2008-01-05 9:20 AM

I just dont get whats so difficult about driving on italian motorways

Well it's just that most normal humans only have two hands and arms, unlike Italians who appear to have one arm round their girlfriend, one arm out the window making a gesture, one arm blowing the horn and (presumably) one arm steering the car!! (lol) (lol) (lol)

Bas

I'll tell you whats different about Italian motorways from my experience. If there is a major hold-up, say accident blocking road, they turn around and drive wrong way to get to last exit without waiting for police 'guidence', common sence some might say, well most will know that it can be precarius when coming across stationary traffic on a motorway, it's even more so when you come across traffic heading straight at you!

That, or they all take to the hard shoulder, find they still can't get past, and block access for fire, police, ambulance etc.  Self-discipline isn't exactly the foremost Italian characteristic!  Still, if it were, Italy would be just like Germany - and we need that variety so it feels different when we get there.  Funny old world, innit?  :-)

Archived