burstner t star 710 electric step (omni-step)

Brian Peters

has anyone had a problem with there electric step on a burstner 710?

the step fitted to my motorhome is a omni-step and the problem was that the retaining bolts started to eat there way through the flooring foot well at the entrance. On examination i found that the floor was actually made of a fibre-glass sandwich constuction with polystyrene foam between. My weight is almost 17 stone not huge, (im big boned (lol) ) and the wife is a very dainty

12 stone. I had to repair the inner skin and the lower skin of the footwell with fibre glass,and i had a friend make up an alloy checker plate to size and fit to the inside of the footwell to spread the load. My step is now perfect, but i dont think the footwell construction is manufactured strongly enough to take an electric step. Anyone else had a simular problem, or am i just FAT????? :-D

Hi Brian, i'm big boned too, all 20 stone of me, we have a similar step on our auto-sleeper lancashire, you have got me thinking, ours was retro fitted, i will have to get someone to get down and have a look at mine,disability stops me from getting under the van (and the 20 stone dosen't help) got that in before anyone else has the chance.

i would have thought that a spreader plate/washer should have been fitted in the first place.

pete

Archived