Garmin GRRRRRRRRRRR

Poppy

I really recommend that you configure POI Edit for your own purposes. There's a great artice previously posted on this Forum explaining how to do it! It will take approx 30 mins first time.

Can you post a link please? I've tried searching for it without success.

Hi Judge

The 2720 allows you to download POI. When you are near one of these a small symbol appears on the map. The symbols vary according to what you have chosen for the graphic (which usually comes with the POI file)

At present I have installed CC and CCC sites and CL's. The major supermarkets, speed cameras, petrol and LPG stations. I plan to install aires etc for France later this year.

The model you are considering looks good at around £300.00p which is much less than I paid two years ago.

The feature I like best is the ability to put on a detailed route after planning it on the laptop.

Guest JudgeMental
JohnP - 2008-01-15 7:43 PM

The model you are considering looks good at around £300.00p which is much less than I paid two years ago.

The feature I like best is the ability to put on a detailed route after planning it on the laptop.

Yes, I paid nearly £900 for mine when it came out *-)

Nuvi 770 less then £300 with Europe and US maps installed. have waited for some time for them to release a Nuvi model that allows route transfers from PC and this looks like it.

But 770 does not have separate maps, but you can buy a program called "Mapsource Trip Waypoint Manager" for about £20 which allows routing on PC and transfer to GPS . but I will probably keep 2610 and mapping for this purpose :-D

Archived