Swift Bolero/Fiat

TerryH

TerryH:

I'm guessing that you meant to say "that the passenger DOOR can not be locked manually".

It seems to be commonplace now on vehicles with central-locking systems that only the driver's door has a lock that can be operated manually from outside the vehicle. For example, this is the case with the latest Ford Transit.

Having used my trusty magnifying-glass on MMM photos of motorhomes based on the latest Fiat Ducato, it appears that an external 'key-hole' is only visible on the driver's door. Does this answer your question? (I assume the passenger-door lock can be engaged manually from inside the vehicle by pressing a button or lever.)

popped out and had a quick look, key locks both via pass. door, electric fob locks both(obviously) button on dash locks both from inside - night safety. BUT are they all dependant on some sort of electrical power, not sure, is that where the flat battery came into it?

Hi Terry H

I had not noticed this before but I just had a look at mine there is no lock on the passenger side door could make it akward if you were parked too close to get in the drivers door you had a flat battery and had locked the camper door inside! just a thought.

Any idea why your battery went flat? I had problems with the sigma alarm draining mine due to a wiring fault.OK now. By the way be careful if you have to disconnect your battery check your hand book first you can upset the alarm /immobiliser.

Hi

Yep, you spotted the "deliberate" mistake..... There's no key hole on the door or mechnical lock inside... I "flattened" the battery by not putting it on charge/starting up "every three weeks". Like I said "new owner"!! Who'd be one?

I think it's more than a slight oversight though.

Regards

Terry

TerryH:

Obviously it's sensible for you to raise the matter of the door-lock when your Bolero's water leak is being attended to. However, if there is some door-lock part/feature missing or faulty, then the vehicle will need to be dealt with by a Fiat main agent under the terms of the Fiat warranty, rather than within the Swift-based warranty.

(You are probably aware of this - but it may be worth mentioning in case Swift tell you it and you think they are passing the buck!)

I understand that the batteries fitted to 'commercial' versions of the latest X250 Ducato are 70Ah for vehicles with the 2.2-litre motor, or 88Ah for those with 2.3-litre or 3.0-litre powerplants.

So, assuming nothing changes for Ducato-based motorhomes, a Bolero (which has the 2.3-litre engine as standard) will have an 88Ah battery - a capacity that is certainly no worse than that of batteries fitted by alternative base-vehicle manufacturers.

(Perhaps the 'rumour' relates to the 70Ah battery?)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived