Croatia - Neum Corridor and insurance

Croxton

I plan to travel within Croatia this Spring in my VW Camper, as far down as Dubrovnik, but my UK icle insurance does not cover Bosnia Hercegovina. Could anyone advise please whether I can buy third party insurance at the Neum Corridor border-crossings, and if not, where can I buy the necessary third party insurance for the Bosnian section of the corridor? Thanks for any help.

Croxton - 2008-01-13 5:36 PM

I plan to travel within Croatia this Spring in my VW Camper, as far down as Dubrovnik, but my UK icle insurance does not cover Bosnia Hercegovina. Could anyone advise please whether I can buy third party insurance at the Neum Corridor border-crossings, and if not, where can I buy the necessary third party insurance for the Bosnian section of the corridor? Thanks for any help.

Hi Paul,

It seems most people just drive through and think of England 8-) 8-) There is away around by ferry see. http://www.magbaztravels.com/content/view/636/30/

See also http://www.wheelgotravelling.info/CaravanTravels_Croatia.html for info on a trip to Croatia.

We should be in Croatia some time in May we are coming from the south via Albania and Montenegro. If you see a silver Timberland it could be us.

I like your site.

Safe travelling.

Don

Hi Paul,

Like yourself we looked all over for cover. Were told you could buy it at the border crossing (which you come upon suddenly and which is manned by big, burly almost indifferent officials). We just drove straight through and very carefully for the short distance across the corridor. We did stop at one of the roadside supermarkets/restaurants and had a good meal.

On the way back we took the ferry which was very enjoyable except that when the ferry made it to the mainland all the crew who were waiting at the bow and whom we thought would help us off (we have an A class and they had ben very careful loading us on) just stepped ashore and shoved off for home!!

Croatia was fabulous. We went down just a wee bit further than Dubrovnik. It was September and not busy so we did some wild-camping next to French 'vans who we usually found overnighting near any small ferry terminal or stayed (with permission after a meal) in large restaurant car parks.

Enjoy yourselves

Dick

Dear Don, Charles and Dick: many thanks indeed for your kind replies to my query. In the meantime, I have spoken to both the Croatian and Bosnian embassies in London, and their reaction was, in essence, 'what's the problem? - just drive through', a view which is consistent with your experience. So that's the solution - and of course an ultra careful 10 kms! Thanks again. We'll be in Croatia from mid- March to early June in our VW Camper and shall be writing up our travels as we go on our web site www.langdale-associates.com

Paul

Archived