How was Shepton?

Paul M

We went to the show, it is the first time that we have attended a Motorhome show and did enjoy it, there were a nice mixture of New and Second hand vans, as well as a lot of accessory stalls and some very nice secondhand bits and pieces. I understand the weather was not very nice on Friday and I heard rumours of Snow. But on Saturday it was lovely. Sunny and no rain. Most of the vans are inside, with a few outside in the joining bits between Sheds. If you have not been before would recommend it as a medium sized show, Brownhills were there in abundance and extreamly helpfull, gave us a good impression, we will also go to the Newbury Show and camp there so we can have longer to question the other visitors and exhibitors. Hope this is what you wanted.

I was there Friday Saturday and Sunday. Friday was very wet, the inside heaters broke down( not the organisers fault). It was interesting to see water running through one of the halls. Saturday was dry until late afternoon, then it rained again. Sunday was dry at first then wet late afternoon. All in all ma very good productive weekend.

People were walking around moaning about the weather, what did they expect in January? If they dont like the cold, don't go to shows in the WINTER!!!

We went on Friday, bucketed down all day, but with walking boots to keep our feet warm, no problem. Really good show, we bought our Taylormade silver screens for our skiing trip, a really good monocular, joined the Caravan and camping club at a reduced rate and bought four nights at a caravan park on Exmoor (to be used out of season, but quite cheap). Him downstairs didn't complain about the outlay, he must be softening in his old age!

The motorhomes were good to look at, but isn't it good if you still think your own is best!

Very we very wet on the Friday. There was a river running through the stall where she was trying on a pair of hiking boots.

The show was pretty good I thought. It was interesting to see a number of panel van conversions so that the various models could be compared. I was appalled however at the latest trend where you have to remove the toilet casette from inside the van. It seems that this is the latest cost cutting measure to avoid cutting a hole in the outside of the vehicle. Unless manufaturers change this practice I for one won't be buying another panel van.

We went from the thursday until the monday. For us it is good as it gives us a chance to use and air the mh after the Christmas and New Year break and isn't too far away from S. Devon.

Friday was diabolical weather wise but wrapped up well it was ok inside the various halls. Didn't need much as we only bought our new mh in Nov, so it was only bits and pieces. We did buy new rugs from a lady selling Kilim rugs and so far they do not seem to creep/move like others we have had. A new soft wash brush was a last minute purchase.

Free bus to Wells on the Saturday which was nice, the bus had a little detour due to flooding! We managed a nice pub lunch after looking around Wells and the market.

All in all a good week-end and we were as warm as toast in the new mh.

Archived