£38 per night pitch fees

LordThornber

Browsing some commercial sites today, I found a site in Cornwall offering pitches for £38 per night at peak times/Bank Hols.

We camp on a mixture of CL's/off peak C Club sites and pub car parks and achieve an average of approx £10 per night.

Each to their own.

Please, I'm not passing comment on site owners fees, fab facilities etc, it's been done a million times already.

My question is this, is £38 per night typical in the commercial sector in peak periods?

Martyn

Hi Martyn- £38 per night is not typical for main season commercial sites, not even the CC sites charge that :D However if people with more money than sense do pay it, it could well become the norm. Avoid these sites like the plague, or cross the channel and pay prices that reflect value for money.

Guest JudgeMental

I'll top that, we paid £40 for a site in littlehampton ( last May bank holiday weekend) which had a children's playground and little else......

Corky 8 - 2008-01-14 7:34 PM

Randonneur - 2008-01-14 6:09 PM

Corky 8 - 2008-01-14 4:17 PM

here,is a site we have used in the past if your over 50 and pre-book you can get a week+elec hook up for under £65 , not bad these days for Cornwall.

http://www.chacewaterpark.co.uk/index.html

Do they only open May to September?

(?) can I suggest you e mail them , :-S Corky

Many thanks, will do.

And they wonder why the English tourist trade is going to the dogs!?

I have just booked a Eurotunnel return journey through the Caravan Club for £105 for 'high season'-I shall use aires or municipal sites in France at a maximum of €15 per night, have more miles per tank with cheaper fuel and fill the van up with booze when I return-In addition I shall probably see very few roadworks or be held up for hours on end and shall have a relaxed holiday with probably a lot of sunshine and cheap 'Menu du Jour' meals for 3 weeks-

Or there again I could set off from home and hit traffic before Meadow Hall, get stuck for hours in a jam, pay £1.08 per litre for diesel, go to a site with fast foods and a playground, wine at £5 glass, pay around £38 per night for the priveledge and probably have bad weather-I realise they can't do much about the weather but the rest of it is down to the individual-Now what shall I choose.....er.............?£38 per night x 3 weeks + 26 weekends-that's £3000 per year-I could buy a new Motorhome on drip for that!!DOH!!

Randonneur - 2008-01-14 8:20 PM

Corky 8 - 2008-01-14 7:34 PM

Randonneur - 2008-01-14 6:09 PM

Corky 8 - 2008-01-14 4:17 PM

here,is a site we have used in the past if your over 50 and pre-book you can get a week+elec hook up for under £65 , not bad these days for Cornwall.

Do they only open May to September?

(?) can I suggest you e mail them , :-S Corky

Many thanks, will do.

Just had a reply from the above as follows:

Dear Mrs Wilkinson

Thank you for your email. We are open from Saturday 3 MAy 2008 to Sunday 5 October 2008.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Yours

Mandy

:-D we have plenty space (although no facilities) if any-one needs an overnight or two in Central Scotland. No matter how much money I had, and not even for my beloved grandchildren would I encourage any-one by giving them £38 per night, I agree with other comment, the UK chases us away to other countries, were we can get value for money. :->

Corky 8 - 2008-01-14 3:17 PM

Hi we stayed at this site last summer an found it a wonderful site with clean toilets and showers, great area for the dog. Very friendly family run site but only for adults aged over 30.....we have booked for this year before we left. Most people we spoke to had been going for years...mainly full of caravans but a few m/homes.

Also great location for touring Cornwall....a real gem

Archived