Costa del Sol

horse444

:-D Hi every-one just thought I would give you the benefit of our thoughts on sites in Marbella, Benelmadena, Fuengerolia etc. TERRIBLE. we have just return from a very pleasant two week holiday in Fuengerola at Hotel Florida (went by plane) lovely hotel, very pleasant staff but still prefer my motorhome. We had a car, so we went looking at the sites all along this coast. Every-one was terrible, all 2 star, I dont think I would even stay in them for overnight, they were very disorganised, run down and definately not for pleasant peacefull holiday, I am very surprised that no one has attempted to open a decent site as the amount of motor homes we saw parked in the street was tremendous. we must have visited at least six sites and they were all terrible. We have stayed on the other side of Malaga with our motorhome and I would advise that , if you were thinking of the Costa del sol. ;-)

horse, you must av met my aunt gloria. goes to florida every year an entertains the guests. reckons its cheaper to strut er stuff in spain than earn a miserable livin in cornwall. theres also the tax savins to be made of course and er wont thank me for pointing this out me biddies. so right on yer.

floridafred

We stayed on one site just outside Marbella in June and it was fine. All the usual facilities and reasonably clean and tidy. It was called Camping Burgevilla. It was along side the main coastal highway but the road noise was reasonable. There was a bus stop into Marbella about 400 mtrs away. We did only stay there 1 night but we were touring.

We did a mixture of "free camping" and sites all along the Costas right round Spain. True they aren't as "clinically clean" as the UK, but then again they aren't as far up their own bums as some are here! With their "don't park here", "only arrive at this time", "Leave before that time".

Of the 6 sites we did use we would only not return to 2 of them. One because the sea was heavily polluted, (Castillo de Banos), and the other, (La Tarifa), because we just didn't like the "feel" of the place, ( not very scientific, sorry,!).

I couldn't agree with Margaret more.

The three main sites in the Marbella area 'Marbella Playa', 'Cabopino' and 'Buganvilla', are affectionally known locally as Death by Fire, Death by Drowning, and just Death! Each do have a few decent pitches but on average they are way below standard.

Archived