map storage

toff

We had the same problem in the summer we ended up with loads of maps and books. Cotton Traders sent us yet another of their complimentary bag but it is perfect we can stand the books in a line so they can be picked out easily and it is just the right width to keep them in line.

I see there are 2 of them on ebay at 99p and 1.99 both new , they are very strong , which the need to be to carry some of the books we have. It either stands behind my seat or between the seats when in use as we travel along, it also means I can take it in and out the house easily and transfer the ones we don't need on any particular journey.

Mandy

I have an old sturdy shoe box with most of one end cut out. The maps sit on their side and with the lid on don't slip out but you can read the place name on the end of the map. Of course this does depend on you having the right size feet!

Thanks. What a friendly forum! I'm getting some good ideas.

We use the overcab on our CI Carioca 656 but there is room behind the driving seat for hanging pocket-type containers, is this what the Cotton Traders thing is I wonder?

I use a £1.99 folding crate to keep my atlases and guide books safe from moving around when travelling and it's easy to find what I'm looking for as I pack the books etc. with spines upwards and the folding maps sideways alongside the shorter guide books. I have Autoroute and the ACSI Campsite Guide installed on the laptop and Milly ( the MIO 269 ) to assist in getting there.

I use the overcab section, suitably boarded, as the main storage area and my book crate resides up there with several other similar sized crates packed with most of the other journey essentials.

Phil.

toff - 2008-01-16 10:53 PM

Thanks. What a friendly forum! I'm getting some good ideas.

We use the overcab on our CI Carioca 656 but there is room behind the driving seat for hanging pocket-type containers, is this what the Cotton Traders thing is I wonder?

same van, we use the door pocket. HAve brought a passengers side door pocket, fitted it and put everything in there. Books, maps you name it it swallows it up/.

I just made a box out of odd bits of wood and mdf. Large enough to take the standard books of maps and also strong enough to stand on.

It swallows all our maps and all the other paperwork,brochures etc that we accumulate on trips, and also helps my wife reach over the cab.

The finishing touch was a piece of carpet on top of the lid to match the van.

Much tidier van now ! ;-)

Hi, The Cotton traders thing is a flight bag I think its called, it does have a long strap and would hang behind seat but mine weighs too much to do that. I would end up with a recliner :-D

Looking to get the Caravan Europe 2 book as well so theres another ton to add, no wonders Andy panics about our payload.

Take care

Mandy

Robinhood - 2008-01-16 8:43 AM

Laptop, with the full OS for GB on the hardrive (e.g. Fugawi, supplied on CD).

Need a printer if you're going to use them for outdoors though :-(

We have Memory Map OS Explorer 1:25,000 for GB

http://www.memory-map.co.uk/maps_uk_onland_1_25000.htm

Not much help for toff's storage problem but is another option.

Bryan

Archived