Creating an itinerary for your GPS

Way2Go

One of the best itinerary planners I've found is the excellent ITNConvert. You can get the latest FREE version here http://benichougps.blogspot.com (click the Union flag for English instructions)

Not only will it convert various GPS formats to other GPS formats but you can also create an itinerary if you click on to the Editor button. This opens a version of Google Maps which includes satellite images but is much better in my opinion.

If you click on to Settings, you can choose miles if you prefer. You can also choose to have the distances automatically calculated.

Using the zoom facility, select your chosen waypoint then select 'add to itinerary'. You can name the waypoint if you wish. Repeat this process until you have selected all your waypoints then close the window. Name the itinerary and use the 'Export file format' to save the file in your chosen GPS device format, ie TomTom, Garmin etc

Now copy the itinerary file to your GPS device. If you are using TomTom copy the .ITN file to the ITN folder on your SD card.

Hope this helps.

You're welcome Terry.  Nice to hear from you I haven't seen much from you recently.  I hope you are well and fighting fit :-)

You can also use the software to import straight from AutoRoute (.AXE) if you wanted to check the route or view the route via satellite.

Archived