Major Fiat/Peueot/Citroen problems

AndyStothert

catinou - 2008-05-07 11:16 AMShe said that somebody will call us within the week to discuss the problem and gave us a call reference number. This reference shows we have logged the fault and Fiat will contact us immediately there is a way of resolving the problem.

On the surface it looks like their normal good customer service (to us anyway) and we will keep watching for others' experiences with interest. - I am already ducking the "brickbats" expected..... ;-)

Catinou, don't hold your breath, but good luck & keep us posted.

Bryan

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Itexuk - 2008-05-09 9:06 PM

If you ask me this thread has gone along enough. Time to call it a day

What and let it drop so newcomers have no idea of problems with Fiats, I don't think so. When Fiat get a fix, and when they retrofit it to all affected vans then it can be allowed to drop. Problems don't go away if you turn a blind eye to them.

Guest peter
Itexuk - 2008-05-09 10:09 PM

Exustrek - 2008-05-09 9:52 PM

Really?

Bryan

YES REALLY

Well don't log on to it then. But it affects a lot of people that have spent a small fortune for these crappy vehicles. If you're not one then consider yourself lucky. If you did I hope you soon have reason to hope this campaign continues. >:-)

Itexuk - 2008-05-09 10:09 PM

Exustrek - 2008-05-09 9:52 PM

Really?

Bryan

YES REALLY

A simple solution would be for you to ignore this thread & focus on something you find more favourable.

Hope this helps............. Bryan

I wonder where Andy is at the moment ... juddering up some Spanish mountain probably! Anyone know? Anyone seen a funny English couple in a van with rudder-judder???? 8-)

Clive - have you heard from him??? :-S

I for one have been very pleased to find this thread. I was on the edge of buying a Ducato based Dethleffs, but won't now unless I hear more positive outcomes from the Fiat camp. Long may your campaign continue! (Or at least as long as necessary)

:-(

Lee

Dave (david newell) is/was running something on this for PMH, WMC is part of Warners who run this web site, they have X250 as 2008 base vehicle winner, I seem to remember andy talking of some discussion about this before publishing, maybe someone will answer you on here?

Hi Mel,

No I haven,t heard from Andy or Marrion since Peterborough. They said they were off for 6 months and had only purchased an outward ferry ticket.

Looks like Marrion has won the arguement!

C.

This thread should not be allowed to die until all the problems with these vehicles have been rectified. For any member of this forum to suggest that it should be allowed to die is unbelieveable and that person does not deserve to be part of this forum.

John D.

This thread should not be allowed to die until all the problems with these vehicles have been rectified. For any member of this forum to suggest that it should be allowed to die is unbelieveable and that person does not deserve to be part of this forum.

John D.

We picked up our new 2008 Starburst on Friday, Peugeot Boxer with plastic engine cover and no apparant juddering when reversing, might just be lucky (not the norm with my luck) but I wait to see if the juddering occurs at some later point. Or it may just be that those nice people at the factory have actually listened to the customers complaints and have quietly gone about their business and sorted it, we'll wait and see.

As a matter of interest, did anyone come across the salesman in the cattleshed at the Peterborough show who said Fiat had a recall fix for the problem by fitting a new differential?

I think you've answered your own question. Double page ads running for a couple of months versus 100 or so disgruntled owners using an internet forum.

You can't blame the magazine owners, they are in business and in the end finance wins over protest. There may be the odd article or reference to a juddering problem but that paragraph will be followed by 2 more stating FIATS' take on the problem and what they are doing to.....

"Rectify the anomaly that is happening in a small percentage of the SEVEL vans when some drivers perform a reversing manouvere at the extreme end of the vehicles operating range. FIAT are doing all they can to sort this out and would hope that the few people affected will stick by them during this time. We hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the multi award winning chassis and engine and would point out to perspective buyers that the vast majority of owners of motorhomes are more than happy with their decision to chose a FIAT based vehicle. This is backed by the fact that more & more, if not all motorhome builders are turning to this first class purpose built design to build their fleets on.

There has been some negative press over the past months but that has been sorted out. We are happy to continue to support the motorhome press in the UK and can now look forward to future investments in them. It's true that one or two journalists have in the past made mischief from our problems but they have no moved on and are no longer with us.

Thanks again for your interest in our vehicles."

FIAT, (or somebody pretending to be FIAT) >:-)

JayKay - 2008-05-11 10:57 PM

John D.

I have as much right to express my views as any one else on this forum. If you don't agree with me then that is fine but to suggest I don't deserve to be part of this forum is well over the top. Apologies please >:-( >:-(

Archived