S France in Feb

jupe

For various reasons we need to limit our time in Europe to only 3months (normally 6), and we are looking to be in S France late Feb for couple of weeks at least as our daughter and grandsons who live in E France are flying down to Nice to join us somewhere!!! Anyone stayed at Camping La Vieille Ferme or Camping Caravanning Les Cigales both of which I believe are near Nice - who can give us some feedback on these 2 sites would be grateful for info. Our Rapido not quite big enough for 3 more & both these sites I believe do chalets or mobile homes suitable for daughter+. After they leave (kids back to school) after half-term) we will move on to Italy. Originally we had hoped to spend Christmas in Sicilly but ..... we are hoping to spend Spring there instead. Have a book of the Italian aires but previously only spent few weeks and that was N Italy. We did stay at a couple of campsites but found pitches small and too many officious Dutch!!! prefered the Italian Sostes - think that's the right spelling. We didn't have any problems on them (or any other parts of Europe) but then our dog, small but vicious, is a big help. (Lots of barking but who wants to be licked to death?) Any info etc on the above gratefully received.

By the way we had a tank for LPG fitted under our van for living use ie cooking, heating etc and it's proved a really good investment - no worries anywhere in Euope about filling cylinders etc. Can't emember now which of you regulars recommended this but are duly grateful.

Jupeter

We stopped at camping La vieille ferme at Villeneuve Loubet, nr Antibes (& Nice) a few years ago on our way to Rome. Excellent site, easy cycle ride into Antibes. Site open all year, lovely pool, but possibly not open in feb.

The site has a web site (don't know how to post the link, can anyone advise ?), that I found using www.francecamping.com, then alpes maritime region.

regards

Allen

Archived