Proline LVD 1580 WD

wints

I remember a few of you got this tv (from Comet) around november last year. Do you all still rate it ? I ask because my search for a reasonably priced lcd tv with dvd and freeview keeps coming back to the Proline.

At present I use a 10 inch Thomson 12v /230 v which gives a very good picture (& sound) but it is very boxy and takes up a lot of room. The proline I could fix to the wall permanantly.

The Thompson only uses between 3 & 3.25 amps (measured with my digital meter). The spec for the Proline states, on power, 29 watts which is approx 2.5 amps. Is this correct, has anyone measured it ?

regards

Allen

Hi Allen,

I might have started that recommendation for the TV, I still think its outstanding value. The picture is brilliant, it scans at twice the speed of the usual TV’s, that’s 100hz, the resultant image is very sharp without any colour persistence on swift movement.

Regarding reliability since we bought it – around three months ago, we use it every day in our bedroom for a few hours each morning, and has been used in the MH for a few weeks, powered by a Amporer stabilised power supply, essential if running from 12 volts(around 2.5 –3 amps) , or use the existing mains adaptor if running from an inverter or direct from the mains that is between 100 and 240vac.

It has built in DVD player and two tuners, one for digital and one analog, there is a din 15 PC input, scart socket, phone sockets and its HDMI ready, I still have to make the early morning tray of tea - it doesn't do that (lol) so its not that clever, but you can't expect much for £199 - can you?

Regards Terry

(lol)

Hi Wints I followed Terry's advice and bought a Proline and have no regrets. Haven't used it as much as Terry yet but I have also purchased a Hard Drive Media Player which interfaces very neatly with the TV and together with the built in DVD this set up provides a very capable entertainment centre.

I would point out however that a couple of months is along time in this particular market and I have noticed what appear to be very good offers price wise in several Supermarkets (Asda for one) but I haven't taken the trouble to check specs in detail.

Vernon

Guest JudgeMental
I purchased one on Terrys recommendation and its fine. Used daily in bedroom since we got it. will move it to motorhome soon. That is as soon as weather improves*-) and I can find a swing out bracket that locks.....

I already have one of these TVs and now looking for a stabilser. Not had any joy from Amperor as to which model of theres has the correct jack, so have looked elsewhere. This seems a good place to start as has pictures of the jacks to choose from...

http://www.action-replay.co.uk/Computing/12v12vDC_regulator.htm

(sorry forgot how to hyperlink)

Trouble is, I can work out if I need S1 or S2 - anyone with the TV got any ideas?

Thanks alot,

Steve

Help required please.

I've now bought one of these tv's, excellent picture & sound on digital & analogue tv, but....... I can't get sound to work on DVD !

The dvd's do have sound & are correct region (2) and will play ok on other equipment.

Help !!

regards

Allen

wints - 2008-01-30 10:58 AM

Help required please.

I've now bought one of these tv's, excellent picture & sound on digital & analogue tv, but....... I can't get sound to work on DVD !

The dvd's do have sound & are correct region (2) and will play ok on other equipment.

Help !!

regards

Allen

Are these DVD's originals or copies? Sometimes copies do not work on all players. I have copied my original DVD's to AVI files on the computer and now it allows me to create a DVD with 6 films on one disc that will play on my TV/DVD combo and therefore I can then leave these in the motorhome and have the originals at home.

Just been round the local Comet during my lunch break to look at the Proline LVD 1580WD and they had only got the 19" version in stock which would be too big for where I've got to fit it in the van.

They had a Kenmark LVD 163D 15" in stock with the DVD & Freeview facilities for £179.99. Has anyone heard any reports on this either good or bad? Can it be used with 12v etc.

John.

Hi Allen, No sound on DVD ? looks like you may have a dud. A regular audio CD should play okay, also home made audio CD and MP3 on CDR and CDR/W, together with JPG, will play on the Proline LVD 1580 WD. If none of these play then I advise return the unit for replacement, as a matter of interest, the DVD/CD should only be inserted when in the DVD mode.

Hi John - I just came from Asda and they have a 15" LCD TV/DVD for £149 marked down from £159, getting ready for the weekend rush no doubt, check the national papers for Asda adverts, the TV looks not unlike the Proline 1580 WD, it didn't mention on the box or the rear of the TV how many tuners it had. I can tell you it will run off of a 12volt stabilised supply at about 3 - 3.5 amps and use the S1 plug as specified on the web page http://tinyurl.com/ywxrql

Regards Terry

Hi Terry

beat you to it ! I rang the (local rate ?) tech help line and they said take it back as sound should be heard as soon as dvd / cd is slotted in.

No probs at comet, although they checked it at the help desk and confirmed the problem. I was offered money back or exchange, so I got another tv (same model) which they set up on the counter to show that sound did work when dvd inserted.

Took about 20 mins & I thought it was good service. Pity the tv was faulty, but they did the right thing.

And a shed load of these tv's arrived monday evening so the Preston branch has got them in stock.

regards

Allen

Guest JudgeMental

really having problems locating a swing out wall bracket that locks in either position (so kids can watch DVD's on the road)

can anyone help *-) as I want to fit in van before trip @ halfterm

Terrytraveller - 2008-01-30 4:36 PM

Hi John - I just came from Asda and they have a 15" LCD TV/DVD for £149 marked down from £159, getting ready for the weekend rush no doubt, check the national papers for Asda adverts, the TV looks not unlike the Proline 1580 WD, it didn't mention on the box or the rear of the TV how many tuners it had. I can tell you it will run off of a 12volt stabilised supply at about 3 - 3.5 amps and use the S1 plug as specified on the web page http://tinyurl.com/ywxrql

Thanks Terry, I'll nip round ASDA and have a shuftie.

Regards,

John.

Terrytraveller - 2008-01-29 10:53 AMHi Steve,I have just just checked up which plug is fitted to my ADP-90DC-12 bought from Amporer, and find the S1 is the one you want. Their price is pretty good too, I bought direct from Amporer around 3-4 years ago for the same price for the identical product.Regards Terry

Excellent.  Thanks very much.  I shall get one ordered as soon as possible.  I am right in guessing that I can just permenatly just run the TV from 12v (whether on hook up or not) as the battery will be charging if on EHU whilst watching.

Many thanks again,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes you can run the TV continuously from the Amporer stabilised 12 volt power supply, input voltage is from 10 volts to 24volts DC and output is 12.5 volts under load to the TV of up to 70watts (just over 5amps).

So no matter if the battery is flat (~10vdc) or is under charge from the built in mains 12volt charger (~13.8vdc), engine alternator (~14.4vdc), regulated solar panel (~14.8vdc) or a genny (~?) you and the TV will be quite safe.

If you have the Amporer installed as a permanent fitting, you will need to switch the input side, as the amporer will always be on, even with the TV switched off. I have installed a toggle switch from the MH 12 volt circuit to a cigar lighter socket bought from Maplins, the Amporer cigar lighter plug is then fitted into the cigar lighter socket. The unit is designed for continuous operation, but it is better installed in a ventilated cupboard.

Hi Eddie,

What a price for a good one, so pleased you are sorted, I thought perhaps one of the extented mounts from Leisure power could have been drilled and a mandrill fitted to lock the device in certain positions. I did see some for £140 to £350, but didn't like to mention it incase it hospitalised you.

Regards Terry

Guest JudgeMental
Cheers Terry, I have ordered the "sasnus" one for £72 from amazon (as wife has account) will report back if any good........ :-D

Guest JudgeMental

the sanus is the only one I found with easy locck system and as I want to be able to swing out and lock (so kids can watch while driving) and store away and lock it seems the business.. But Terry's idea to replace Allan keys with turn bolts should do the trick just as well....

3272452x.jpg.8c96258a5d6bf5899f00de6fb3fd6011.jpg

Archived