Ducato instrument panel warning

betsy

Hi folks,

Can anyone out there help me with a small problem. I've just serviced my 2003 Fiat Ducato based motorhome and, on startup, I notice there is a small black "spanner" permanently showing on the bottom left side of the clock/mileometer section of the lower centre of the instrument panel. My vehicle is an import so I only have an owner's handbook in German but it seems to relate to engine oil (level/time to change etc). I guess that there will be a way to reset it. Anyone out there with a manual in English that can help?

Anyone tell me where to buy a English version of the handbook?

Many thanks

Dick

betsy - 2008-01-22 2:59 PM

Hi folks,

Can anyone out there help me with a small problem. I've just serviced my 2003 Fiat Ducato based motorhome and, on startup, I notice there is a small black "spanner" permanently showing on the bottom left side of the clock/mileometer section of the lower centre of the instrument panel. My vehicle is an import so I only have an owner's handbook in German but it seems to relate to engine oil (level/time to change etc). I guess that there will be a way to reset it. Anyone out there with a manual in English that can help?

Anyone tell me where to buy a English version of the handbook?

Many thanks

Dick

I have done this many times. I have to practice each time but here goes I think it's like this.

Switch on to the first ignition with the mileometer trip reset pushed in. Hold it for 10 seconds and in the display should come up with three options, these are designed to set for the next service inteval. From memory I think you push and hold it again untill it stops flashing. Turn off and job done.

Or push the mileometer trip in with the ignition off. Then keep it held in and turn the key untill all the ignition lights come on and once again you should see the service indicator.

It's something like that anyhow. Give it a try if unsuccessful try the fiat ducato forum. It's a common asked question.

betsy:

The following may be helpful:

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-10523.html

Prior to importing my own Transit-based motorhome from Germany I wrote to Ford(UK)'s Customer Relationship Centre and asked how I might obtain an English-language Owners' Guide. Ford sent me one free of charge. You could try doing the same with Fiat or see if a Fiat main dealership can assist.

If you go to a Fiat commercial vehicles service centre armed with the chassis number of your vehicle, they should be able to get you the appropriate English language owner's manual.  Can't remember the price, but not particularly expensive.  The OM is a listed part with its own part number and is a very clear, useful, and informative little book.

Archived