VW T5 Campers / Motorhomes (particularly Bilbo Celex)

mogmartin

This is for information only.

I have been creating a website describing all sorts of things to do with our VW T5 Bilbo Celex Hightop but it will probably (hopefully?) be of some interest to any VW T5 owner and, possibly, to any panel van conversion owner or prospective owner.

It is at www.vw-t5-camper.co.uk.

If you find this website of any interest / value and have a website of your own or a relevant magazine then please feel free to publish a link to my website thereon / therein.

Thanks.

nice one patrick - like your website and your van

we currently have a T4 Nektar hi top - 102bhp lwb

agree with pretty much all you've said - so far as I've read - but don't have a problem with the fridge noise and would definitely recommend the privacy option - apart from anything else I love the expression on people's faces when they're having a nosey - and then I open the door >:-) >:-) could be real heart attack territory.

have been thinking of changing to a flip top - but we'd lose a lot of storage [ also have non-standard cupboards n stuff as fitted by Bilbo

would recommend bilbo - love the finish - [leaves AS for dead - even their modernised style] - trouble is they're miles away - :-(

we had a problem with leaky windows - but the excuse at VW was that they hadn't been put back correctly after privacy work completed - whatever we've had no problems since - although the sliding door seal is a bit of a pain - been replaced - warranty - twice

B-)

Hi there,

Interesting website, well done. I have a T5 California 174PS Auto Mar 07, and I experienced a number of faults from new, namely :-

External water cap would not lock and plastic cracked; cigar lighter socket not working; steering wheel not horizontal in straight ahead position; blind above fridge does not latch in open position.

Now at 5000miles :-

Dash board plastic cover for airbag keeps falling out; rattles from lhs dash board; metallic rattle from rhs B-pillar above the seat belt.

Apart from the above there is no evidence of the water leaks from sliding windows mentioned on your website. The vehicle performs well and on a trip to Brittany last Sept saw 36mpg !

If you know of any other California owners I would be interested to compare notes.

Regards, Moonshine

• 2 years later...
mogmartin - 2008-01-23 12:14 PM

This is for information only.

I have been creating a website describing all sorts of things to do with our VW T5 Bilbo Celex Hightop but it will probably (hopefully?) be of some interest to any VW T5 owner and, possibly, to any panel van conversion owner or prospective owner.

It is at www.vw-t5-camper.co.uk.

If you find this website of any interest / value and have a website of your own or a relevant magazine then please feel free to publish a link to my website thereon / therein.

Thanks.

I found this website brilliant when I was deciding whether to buy a Bilbo. I have just set up a forum to hold information about all VW Bilbos - early stages, but hope anyone interested in Bilbos will take a look:

http://vwbilbo.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

we're big fans of Bilbo, have had their vans in the past and always found them to be good conversions, helpful staff

if expensive [get what you pay for] and awkward to get to

I have a question on current SWB T5, if anyone can help

and it's to do with wheel / tyre size

anyone know what it is???????????????

ta :D

Archived