Stickers....

Sparkle

Guest Tracker

I'm with you on this as I too take off all the stickers I can find - especially those advertising the dealer or component supplier.

If they want advertising on my van they can bloody well pay for it or go without!

Tracker - 2008-01-25 9:45 AM

I'm with you on this as I too take off all the stickers I can find - especially those advertising the dealer or component supplier.

If they want advertising on my van they can bloody well pay for it or go without!

I once asked a car dealer if I could have a discount for the advert he had stuck in the back window.

He couldn't understand what I was talking about. They just take those adverts for granted.

:-S :-S

We collected them on the old van - mainly because it amazed the heck out of people when they saw where it's been! You can see some of them on Mel's favourite pic (most recently on "Tony's New Van" thread). We only used the windows I didn't need for driving.

Don't think we'll bother on Hannibal 2 though - partly because it only has the windows it needs, and partly because it'll be no big deal if THAT van gets all over Europe.

We've got one to put on it somewhere though - came free with PMH a year or so back. Shows a pic of a MH with lots of stickers, and the legend

"Been there - done that - doing it again!"

Tony

Guest Tracker
BGD - 2008-01-25 1:37 PM

When did you meet Leonardo da Vinci Tony?

Don't forget Tony has connections in high places Bruce!

We did once collect stickers when we had an ancient Bedford CA Dormobile as they helped hold the bodywork together.

J9withdogs - 2008-01-25 11:05 AM

The only stickers I've got are the big flower decals (bought in Spain, never seen them over here) on the back of the van.

I like to think they keep people happy when they are following me :D

Janine.. we saw a motorhome in Andalucia with big flower stickers on.. but they were on the side, at least we think they were, they were over taking us at the time so it was all a bit of a blur..... :-S

J9withdogs - 2008-01-25 10:05 AM

The only stickers I've got are the big flower decals (bought in Spain, never seen them over here) on the back of the van.

Nobody is happy following a motorhome.Except perhaps another motorhome,(CONVOY)

Mick H.

Tony Jones - 2008-01-25 12:12 PM

Here are some of the continental ones from Hannibal.

The UK ones were on the other side.

In my younger days I used to sew them on my cycling shorts.Nobody wears cycling shorts anymore.Perhaps thats why some people stick them all over their vans.

Mick H.

Guest Le Thou
Tracker - 2008-01-25 1:42 PM

BGD - 2008-01-25 1:37 PM

When did you meet Leonardo da Vinci Tony?

Don't forget Tony has connections in high places Bruce!

We did once collect stickers when we had an ancient Bedford CA Dormobile as they helped hold the bodywork together.

Think you'll find it's low places he's been dead for a few hundred years

Tony Jones - 2008-01-25 11:49 AM

We collected them on the old van - mainly because it amazed the heck out of people when they saw where it's been! You can see some of them on Mel's favourite pic (most recently on "Tony's New Van" thread). We only used the windows I didn't need for driving.

Don't think we'll bother on Hannibal 2 though - partly because it only has the windows it needs, and partly because it'll be no big deal if THAT van gets all over Europe.

We've got one to put on it somewhere though - came free with PMH a year or so back. Shows a pic of a MH with lots of stickers, and the legend

"Been there - done that - doing it again!"

Tony

Not having the fish on the back?

Philman - 2008-01-25 5:14 PM

I put stickers to cover up the rust ( or whatever it is in aluminium ) holes on the rear panel. (lol)

Phil.

Phil.... when Bruce was busy taking a reflector off a weird position on our M/H when we first got it he found a spot of rust under it!! Needless to say it didn't go back on... out came all sorts of blokey paints and things to get rid of it!!

Mick H. - 2008-01-29 12:09 PM

J9withdogs - 2008-01-25 10:05 AM

Nobody is happy following a motorhome.Except perhaps another motorhome,(CONVOY)

Mick H.

We always have a huge queue behind us... our cruising top speed being 80km an hour...and always stare straight ahead when they overtake us... for fear of the looks on their faces!!

Archived