gib camsites

nippermotorhome

gib camsites  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why not drive into Gib. We were there yesterday, plenty of parking on Morrisons car park. Just head for the superstore. Diesel was 55 pence a litre. No hold up going in or out, just a friendly custom guy asking if we had any cigs. When we said no he just asked us to open the door and never even came on board.

If you don't care to drive in about half a dozen motor homes were parked up on a huge area to the left of the border crossing. It is an easy walk into town from there.

Have fun Sooty 10

There is a fully equiped secure site in La Linea, the town near the border. It's called Camping Sur Europa and is in the CC book 1.

You can get a bus 300mtrs from the door into La Linea and then walk 250 mtrs to the border with Gib. It is also a short walk to a beach. The sanitation was first class too when we stayed there last June.

sooty10 - 2008-01-26 4:32 PM

Why not drive into Gib. We were there yesterday, plenty of parking on Morrisons car park. Just head for the superstore. Diesel was 55 pence a litre. No hold up going in or out, just a friendly custom guy asking if we had any cigs. When we said no he just asked us to open the door and never even came on board.

If you don't care to drive in about half a dozen motor homes were parked up on a huge area to the left of the border crossing. It is an easy walk into town from there.

Have fun Sooty 10

I'm with Sooty on this, we were there 10 days ago - same routine as we normally do: drive onto Gib, fork right for port area, and park up in Morrisons Supermarket car park.

You'll not park ANYWHERE esle on Gib itself. All public car parks have height restrictions, and all on-road parking is limited to less than 1.2 tonnes - with clamps and tow-trucks much in evidence.

For over-nighting that huge area of waste ground just to the left of the entrance to Gib alsways seems to have a few MH's and lorries on it - but plenty of room (if not very pretty..and there's no services there) and free.

Please can you tell me which year CC book 1 you are looking in? I have a 2005 and can't find it but would like directions on how to get there? We live in Arcos de la Frontera about 80 minutes from Gibraltar and thought it would be good to stay a couple of nights near Gib and La Linea would be ideal, so then I could show my husband the sites of Gib as I use to live there as a child from 1958-61! Long time ago but things haven't changed that much!

Morrisons is Ok to stay for a couple of hours but last time we were there, just before Xmas they were clamping ever one so PLEASE don't outstay your welcome! We tend to park at the ROTUNDA carpark which is just before the runway on the right and only cost about £1.00 for 4 hours or so.

Hi, as you look at the customs office from the spanish side, on your left is a great big car park, You can park there for as long as you like, costs around 10 euros per 24 hours, and there is a little man at the gate 24/7. from there you can just walk ont the rock, easy.

We drove through Gib! and stayed at its furtherest point "Europa Point", very large car (veiwing) park. When we stayed there last year in March there were no barriers and we had no problems. But the night we were there it was blowing a gale.

Paul and Ann

Archived