Ducato/Boxer/Relay reversing problems.

Brian Kirby

Ducato/Boxer/Relay reversing problems.  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight's victim is Mike Hoodless who was one of the first to realise the vehicle had a problem (he went off to a friend's house in Devon and found himself having to reverse up a steep drive) and has gone through all the channels with Fiat to get his vehicle fit to use on all roads rather than just level ones.

Fiat have told him (well the dealers have told him) that his Ducato (2.3 6 speed Auto Trail) has got the 'normal judder'. Normal Judder?

Mike offered to have the vehicle inspected by an independent and properly qualified Automotive Engineer, but Fiat have refused to even look at any report by anyone.

Mike has got so fed up with the situation that he has considered part exchanging his Auto trail Tracker, but has has been offered some £14,000 less than he paid for his vehicle less than 12 months ago.

Like I said, this is boom time for the dealers.

IF YOU'VE GOT AN X250 Fiat Ducato based motorhome find a steep hill and try reversing up it. If you aren't convinced by Fiat's claim that the judder is a 'normal characteristic' (one which has wrecked gearboxes and clutches) complain to Fiat and then email me -

andystothert@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi All

I have a Renault based motorhome, but I also have an 07 reg LWB Citreon Relay 2200cc which does also judder occasionally. I met an old colleague today who has the same van 57 reg. I asked him what he thought of the vehicle, to which he replied 'I like it, but it judders in reverse. He had been back to the main dealer who said as usual, the van is fine.

This is quite interesting as I spoke to Citroen yesterday and they claimed not to have had a single complaint - or are they being fobbed off at dealer level?

Tell your friend to complain to Citroen can you. This is a potentially very costly defect if the warranty expires before the gearbox.

Can I mention Practical Motorhome magazine here?

Perhaps not, but Dave Newell (aka Diamond Dave) has included a mention of the juddering in his monthly column, and just today we have another 6 unhappy motorhomers wanting a resolution.

If YOU have a Fiat or Peugeot base motorhome 2007 onwards, it will be in your best interests to go and reverse it up a steep hill and see if you think the 'Characteristic' juddering (Fiat's description) is a characteristic you think acceptable. This defect has caused cklucth and gearbox failures and the implications for current owners and secondhand buyers in the future are serious.

Go and reverse it up a steep hill and then if you're unhappy email me

AndyStothert - 2008-03-18 5:55 PM

Can I mention Practical Motorhome magazine here?

Perhaps not, but Dave Newell (aka Diamond Dave) has included a mention of the juddering in his monthly column, and just today we have another 6 unhappy motorhomers wanting a resolution.

If YOU have a Fiat or Peugeot base motorhome 2007 onwards, it will be in your best interests to go and reverse it up a steep hill and see if you think the 'Characteristic' juddering (Fiat's description) is a characteristic you think acceptable. This defect has caused cklucth and gearbox failures and the implications for current owners and secondhand buyers in the future are serious.

Go and reverse it up a steep hill and then if you're unhappy email me

So how many definate problems are there now Andy?

Bas

Does anyone know if there is a limit on page numbers on a thread as my latest bit of drivel hasn't appeared on the original thread? Very strange. Or has it been programmed to ignore me.

My good lady must have had words with them.

It' Laphroaig tonight by the way.

Now go out and reverse your 2007-on Fiat or Peugeot up a steep hill and experience the 'characteristic' judder.

If you don't like it complain to Fiat or Peugeot. This defect breaks gearboxes and clutches.

Then email me

I dont know if this is connected, My 3litre clutch has a very unusual FEEL.

I have not tried it on a steep hill yet, and everything seems ok But it has very much an over centre feel, at one point it is not connecting then suddenly it bites. I have driven most types of vehicles and know that all clutches are different, but I have had none like this, I have no problem now I am used to it now, I have been waiting to se if anyone else would post with the same problem. (?)

In a fit of non-executive-like decision making that I'm not famed for I've decided that spending my evenings pumping up the forum when Hearbeat is on the box is not a good idea.

Can we leave the other 'Reversing Thingy' thread sewn by me to die a peaceful death and just keep the two others going?

Post your comments on the one I'm suggesting we leave dormant. It's further down.

Talisker tonight.

Fred,

We spend half our lives in Cornwall and they are all from Huddersfield, so my confused Lancastrian ramblings should be easily understood by all you evicted ex Yorkshiremen.

And I'd had half a bottle of Rioja (2.97 from Lidl), so my wavelength had lengthened slightly too.

Archived