New fiat motorhome needing servicing

sparts

Hi peeps we are about to order a new fiat based van 20ft i live in hertfordshire and need to locate a descent garage to service it so it is covered on warrenty can any one suggest a good garage or dealer to do this please, as the van is being purchased from yorkshire so dont want to go up there for serviceing when it is needed :o)

Hi when you get your new motor home you will get with it a book with all the Fiat commercial dealers in the UK and Europe. Commercial dealers usually have premises large enough to handle large vehicles whereas car dealers do not.Other than warrenty work you do not have to take your vehicle to a Fiat agent to have it serviced provided that the garage you chose is VAT registered and uses genuine Fiat Parts, then your warrenty is not effected, so if you have a garage in your area you are happy with then you can continue using them.good luck with your new camper

Guest Tracker

Hi Mike and welcome to the madhouse we call the forum!

I would hate to be the one to deflate your bubble of joy and anticipation heralding your new arrival..............................................BUT

There are a number of issues and recalls concerning the new Fiat/Peugeot base vehicles, most of which have been well aired on this forum in recent weeks, and you might like to prepare a list of questions for the supplying dealer prior to collection.

You may wish to have a look through recent threads both on Motorhome Matters and Chatterbox via the forum home page.

Might be simpler if you just get the selling dealer to ensure all outstanding recalls have been undertaken before you agree to collect the van.  He should be fully aware of them and may have done this in any case, but there is no reason why you should have the inconvenience.  As above, there is plenty of information on here on the subject.  Use the search facility top right of the screen, select "Motorhome Matters" as the forum to search, enter "fiat recall" as the keywords and set time to one year.  Then sit back and read!

Thanks peeps for suggestions Hmmm see wat u mean by recalls bloody scary reading but looks like err indoors likes the ( fiat ducato 2.3 - 130 6 speed box van gulp GULP ) only hope we get a decent one, but our last was a 1996 2.5 ford and that had probs reversing back like judders or was that my foot not pushing down enough, never mind i am sure u lot will hear from me again with some gripes, oh and found a garage in luton ways called donsons who will service van ok :o).

Thanks agin

• 3 weeks later...
Just to be on the safe side - contact Fiat UK with chassis number and check which recalls are needed and which have been completed, when you collect your new van - they can give full details for your vehicle and you don't have to rely on the dealer's word - in our opinion Fiat are more reliable than dealers. Don't worry about the huge numbers of posts on recalls - your new vehicle will be worth it - ours certainly is! Enjoy B-)

Mike H Iwould advise you to double check Stormont are definatly going to seal the scuttle on your M/Home. I have had recalls done on my Fiat base M/Home recently by Stormont who assured me they would seal the windscreen seal,as well as the centre joint on the scuttle. NO CHance it still leaked after collection.

Archived