Camos fitting instructions

tezza

Hello all, does anyone have a set of fitting instructions i could borrow or have a copy of. I would like to fit one to my van but wanted to see what it entailed before splashing the cash.

I fitted a Status 530/10 TV aerial to my last van, so I am used to drilling holes in roof etc.

Thanks

Tezza

Fitting a Camos is simple. It comes with adhesive and cables. Best to get the fitting kit as well theese are 2 plastic straps bonded to the roof and then you bolt the dish to theese. It makes it very easy to transfer to your next camper. There is only 1 cable to run into the van from the dome use the cable supplied by Camos as it is very good quality. Make sure you have a permantly wired 12v supply ( not trough a the acessory socket). You will then need to tune the Free To air Receiver after installation.

JudgeMental - 2008-01-30 5:43 PM

if you have not bought yet have a look at this "KVH track vision" set up

http://www.phly.co.uk/Communications.html

no personal experience but it looks good value and claims better performance then most domes

I will be considering it on next van........

Just had a look at PHLY and it looks very good. It will be interesting to speak to someonewho has had the system fitted.

Guest JudgeMental
hymerdriver - 2008-01-30 10:17 PM

speak to someone who has 1 fitted as I think some of the details on the site are misleading.

Do you want to elaborate?

Guest JudgeMental

Yes, I was wondering what you meant by "misleading"

its a bit of a cliff hanger answer without an explanation....

as I have not seen anyone with one so just looking for feed back and information

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I bought a Camos 40cm dome about 6 months ago. prior to getting one I looked at the KTM one. The big diffrence is the ability to use diffrent sats, the Camos can be changed at the press of a switch on the control box whilst the KTM needs a software update done by an engineer to do the switch.

This is how it was explained to me and I did find some info on it on their website.

Fitting was done by Vanbitz. I watched them do it and was amazed by how easy it was - glue and screw to roof / bars and drill 1 hole in the roof. then fit the control box and various leads

Bubblehead

Guest JudgeMental

And I think this is where the KVH system supplied by Phly is different from standard kit supplied elsewhere?

as they claim phly box enables choice of more sat's then standard system.

Archived