Freestanding awnings for a Swift motorhome

queensway

Please excuse me but I am new to this.

I am looking for advice on which freestanding awning to for a Swift Kontiki.It appears a mindfield as there is so much choice. I am looking at a Apache Rimini or Tivoli. Any ideas where I could see any on show, I live in the East Midlands area. Where could I look for a possible second-hand model.

Hi queensway

I am also looking for a drive away awning for my Elddis Autoquest 320d and have found it a mine field. I have a fancy for the Movelite xl but would love to see one up. They are selling it on ebay and other companies too but here is the link (I hope)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220196704016&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=220188646647&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

there are a number of different one but would love to hear different recommendations - I did have a previous thread going so you could check that out on a search.

Good hunting

Phantom

We have an Elddis Autoquest 100 and found the main problem being identifying an awning tall enough to fit to the J rail on the side of the van. Some friends recommended the Khyam Motordome Excelsior - see HERE. We bought one about 18 months ago and have been very satisfied with it - extremely easy to put up and take down.

Graham

queensway - 2008-01-29 9:16 PM

Please excuse me but I am new to this.

Hi Queensway, and wellcome to the forum where, as you have found already you will be will nearly always get a bit of help, Just a thought as you are new to Motorhoming and live in the Midlands it would probably be worth going to the NEC in Feb to the Caravan and Boat show as you will find all sorts of products and information on Motorhomes. So again wellcome and I hope you have fun with your new motorhome. Carol.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived