sevel 3 radio problems

thamesist

Hi, Just had the first service on our Autocruise Starspirit and hoped to have the radio problem (you have to be on top of a transmitter for it to work properly) sorted. My Peugeot dealer informed me that this is a conversion problem and he has had at least 5 other vehicles with the same problem.

Anyone else experienced this? Are there any quick fixes?

Guest Tracker

This issue has been discussed before and a search for 'radio reception' or 'Fiat or Peugeot radio' should yield more info.

Basically a proper wing mounted aerial is the usual solution and the longer the better.

Fiddly to fit but not overly difficult.

Hi

I have not had any problem reception on my radio on the new Fiat, as you no doubt know the radio arial is fitted in the wing mirror so you should receive good reception unless there is a bad connection.

It may be worth while taking the radio out and checking that the arial is fully plugged in it is possible it has come adrift whilst pushing the radio into the housing. If the problem still persists then it could be a fault in the arial itself in the mirror, unfortunately this is a sealed unit so a replacement mirror unit would be required, but this should be covered under warrenty.

8-) No quick fixes but this is what Isaid last year.

Exactly what happened to me at BH who did job in 15 minutes . They fitted apowered under dash aerial.The problem lays with the SEVEL base vehicle ordering code which only wires an aerial cable to top of cab for all models except no cab chassis production. With loprof etc unless the converter picks this up there is no aerial. Converters may like to review their build sheets to pick this up. I did not want a wing aerial as it could whistle at speed and spoil the aesthetics of the cab. FM is perfect AM not at all good but then FM is all we need especially the traffic overides. Regarding the 20 minutes someone suggests it is nanny!- perhaps not because 95%+ of these vehicles are commercial white van people who would always leave the radio on with consequential flat batteries next day. In my mind a good move by SEVEL to protect their interests.

Archived