Major Fiat/Peueot/Citroen problems

AndyStothert

I'd like to thank all those who have taken the time to contact me about this ongoing problem with so many of these vehicles.

Many are wondering is their vehicle could be one of those affected, and the only way of knowing, for sure, is to take it to a steep hill and reverse it up.

From the correspondence I've had, mixed with the test vehicles I've driven, plus unfortunately owning one, I can say, with certainty, that the Fiat models with 3 litre and 2.3 litre and 2.2 litre engines with 5 and 6 speed gearboxes are all affected. The only version I haven't driven with a Fiat badge on the front is short wheelbase panel van.

Of the other manufacturers (Peugoet and Citroen) it therefore logically implies that all 3 litre models are definitely at risk whilst I can't definitely say that the others are. However one of the owners who has contacted me has a 2.2 litre 100 bhp Fiat Adria Twin (the same vehicle as the 100bhp Peugeot and Citroen models) and that is juddering badly in reverse.

It may very well be that many of those who own defective vehicles haven't spotted it as the fault is really only apparent on a hill, and in normal driving the conditions encountered don't usually require reversing up steep gradients.

The only way that Fiat are going to be forced to sort it out is either a fall-off in sales or customer pressure, they've rattled my cage, and I'm not going to give up without a scrap.

Time to get back to the Scotch.........

Remember factuieh other

Archived