DOOR MIRRORS

Guest John Steggles

Guest John Steggles
Have recently had the misfortune of having my offside door mirror smashed by a passing lorry. My motorhome is an Hobby 650 on Fiat Ducato base. Have tried to get a replacement from my local Fiat garage but they have been unable to source the correct long arm assembly as fitted to many wide coachbuilt motorhomes. They say they have ordered the long arm version but when it arrived the arm is only about 4 inches long not the 8inch long version as fitted. They have reordered twice and keep getting the same item. Has anybody come across this problem or have the correct part number to hand? ? My Hobby 650 Fse. is a 2000 model.

Yes we had the same problem with an Auto Sleeper Nuevo (though this is on the peugeot chassis). The fuse kept when the electric mirroer adjustment was used. Our local van dealer diagnosed a duff mirror. Peugeot uk list 2 mirrors for the Boxer neither of which were correct. Their view was that that was all they had and therefore the converter had fitted something different - not true of course. This seemed a blind alley so I went with the Peugeot papers to Marquis (the supplier) who with A/S sorted it with Peugeot. It seemed that the sevel factory fits a 3rd type to motorhome chassis and there is now a man at Peugeot uk who knows this. This may be more difficult to resolve on a Hobby but I think your best bet is to contact them with the vin number which should help identify the build spec. Good luck

I've just had a quick skeg of the web and came up with a company called Autofast advertisig on eBay at the moment with some Ducato mirrors - take no notice of the photo - they apparently do loads so it may be worth contacting them on 0151 348 4466. Located at Wirral, Cheshire. If they can't supply it the might be able to source one for you.

Guest Richard Manning
Have just replaced my 2005 long arm Fiat Ducato mirrors with short arm to suit my new smaller size van. Have been wondering about selling my long arm set which are now surplus to my requirements. Realise this is not the forum for sales but contact me on 07717721419 if interested. Richard Manning

Guest John Steggles
Thanks to all who have replied to my query. My initial query with my local Fiat garage has still drawn a blank even though they e-mailed UK headquarters and forwarded an e-mail to the Sevel factory !!! Luckily I have overcome my problem by dismantling my smashed mirror assembly and purchasing a standard mirror and jigsawing the bits together to end up with one good one. I still find it very strange that FIAT cannot come up with a part number of an item they must have fitted to thousands of motorhomes.

Archived