germany

Travelman

I have just seen the messages about the romatic rd in germany.

please help if you can, I am takt a american rv across 10mts long

. what is the road like to drive on ie wiwdth, pakrking and also where to camp. All being well this should happen in sept this year. (lol)

Hi Travelman

New to this forum mallarkey but we did the Romantic Road from Wurzburg to Fussen in May 2007.

You will have no problems with the size of your vehicle as all the roads are big enough for truck & buses.

Our thoughts were that the route is hyped up and the scenery whilst driving does not live up to expectation but some of the towns mentioned are wonderful & quite a few have free Stellplatz to stop on.

However, when you get down to the Fussen area the scenery is fantastic and you can drive and park your motorhome at the famous castles down there. You are not allowed to overnight in those car parks though.

We used the Stellplatze in Fussen and this is basically a campsite for motorhomes with toilets, showers & electric if required. It is right by Aldi / Lidl type shops and walking distance from town which is a holiday destination in its own right.

Hope this helps.

Travelman - 2008-02-01 12:37 PM I have just seen the messages about the romatic rd in germany. please help if you can, I am takt a american rv across 10mts long . what is the road like to drive on ie wiwdth, pakrking and also where to camp. All being well this should happen in sept this year. (lol)

Hi Travelman

May I wish you a warm welcome to this site.

Using the Romatische Strasse should be no probs for you - like others have said.

We've been touring Germany - especially Bavaria for the last 7/8 years - and have seen some fairly large M/Homes on this route.

Doing two trips this year ourselves. At around Sept time. it should be quiter than normal as the so called "Holiday" peeps are making for elsewhere.

Plenty of "Stellplatz's" to stay at, my best advice would be to get yourseleves the excellent "Book2" of European sites from the Caravan Club. There are other publications available with the same info.

Happy touring.

Thai

Archived