Does size matter?

parkmoy

Guest Tracker

We do and it works well for us - but that's just us!

It's all down to how far away you will sit from the TV, how large you like your picture to be, and whether or not you can read the teletext.

We sit feet up on the inwards facing seats of the Tracker with the TV on the cab bulkhead so that it is about 5 or 6 foot from where we sit and it works well for us.

When not in use it unclips and stores with the bedding in the overcab as I don't want a gurt big TV stuck out on full show when we leave the van.

The van came with a small reversing camera/TV fitted just in front of the cab mirror but it is not a lot of use when watching from the lounge and we use it purely as an extra full time mirror.

We use a 15" widescreen laptop from about 6 feet away and find it just about right. By contrast we have A 15" widescreen TV in the bedroom at home and on the odd occasion we use it I find it just a tad small to view from about 9 feet away but still acceptable. Viewing distance makes a huge difference! :-D

D.

I have an 8 inch LCD flat screen that sits at the end of my 6' bench seat. It is fixed under the storage cupboards. It seems to be just right. Some tellys can take over your van if you are not careful. And to be honest, when we are away, we don't seem to watch it! After all, when is there anything worth watching that isn't repeated that same week or month either on the same channel or one of its sister channels!!

B-)

Guest Tracker
Sparkle - 2008-02-03 1:24 PM

Are we talking man type inches, or rel inches, as you know if its man type then the tv will actually work out smaller...... (lol)

Best get the Mrs out with the tape measure.....plus didn't we all go metric back in the dim and distant past?

You may have gone Metric gal - but I'm British and I still support Imperial measurements!

Mind you going totally metric does make much more sense - but please leave it until I don't drive or do diy any more!

Are we talking man type inches, or rel inches, as you know if its man type then the tv will actually work out smaller......

And no doubt be harder to view on cold days :-D

Being serious for a moment, it seems as with most things, that the answer to my question is that it depends what you get used to.

Archived