handyman - 2008-02-02 4:18 PM

Tracker - 2008-02-02 4:16 PM

so size does matter after all!

dont tell my wife that (lol)

Why? Is she vertically challenged?

no, i have a small willy :-(

Is Willy the dog's name then?

Guest JudgeMental

Have heard its good stuff, so I purchased "fenwick motorhome cleaner" from halford's the other week and when weather improves a little I will get to work.....

I was intending to put some in my jet washer will that be OK?

Guest Tracker

I would never use a jet washer on my motorhome - too much pressure with too much delicate surface to risk and too many open orifices (orifii?) to flood!

I only ever wash any vehicle using a bucket of water and a sponge and then rinse off with another bucket of clean water.

Use normal hose, if any, taking care not to use too much water pressure.

Guest JudgeMental

I have used them for years. You have to be sensible and be careful around orifi :-D and decals and seals etc...... unless you want to damage camper. But they save a hell of a lot of time and effort........

Guest Tracker

My experience of pressure washers on a car was that they get rid of the heavy muck but still leave a thin film of dirt and road slime that can only be removed by direct use of a brush or sponge.

However even a brush can leave unwashed bits so I will stick with my trusty sponge and applied elbow grease simply because, for me at least, it works best, gives better results and is quicker in the long run.

agree with you tracker!

The normal power washers just dont do the job, what you need it a diesel washer, so you get high pressure hot water, mixed with soap, then it cleans all the stuff off..........

I know, as a long long time ago, i did full time car cleaning at a garage 8-) , and then not so long ago, as part of an inspection job, powerwashed jumbo jet engine fan modules 8-) 8-) 8-)

The only thing that shifted the dirt was high pressure hot soapy water

JudgeMental - 2008-02-02 4:54 PM

Have heard its good stuff, so I purchased "fenwick motorhome cleaner" from halford's the other week and when weather improves a little I will get to work.....

I was intending to put some in my jet washer will that be OK?

I have used Fenwicks products since getting our caravan and the cleaner you mention is absolutely fantastic. The dirt just runs off as fast as you can brush the stuff on.

I use a bucket of water treated with the cleaner, brush it on then hose it off.

Next I use their shine product and that really works. Fast, easy and no pressure cleaner needed at all, takes less than one hour to do our caravan

Mike H - 2008-02-03 3:13 PM Can someone, come and give me a demonstration on my dirty MH. Then I will let you all know if it works. Mike H.

As this is a serious attempt at objective assessment of the product, I'm afraid I'm compelled to point out that it is logically flawed. 

Whether or not cleaning carried out by A. N. Other is successful, you won't know if it would work for you, only how it worked for them. 

Since there is a considerable amount of technique involved, I'm afraid you'll have to clean the van yourself to be sure the product suits your own individual cleaning method. :-)

When your motorhome is covered in gunge the last thing you want to do is clean it with minimum water. I use OOOOOdles of water with a big wide fan jet on my pressure washer. This cleans well under the wheel arches and blows off all the grit. Only then is it safe to use sponge and hose pipe to properly clean the MH knowing that I won,t be rubbing grit into the paintwork or gel coat.

You cannot beat elbow grease.

Archived