february MMM mag, the cleaning saga

handyman

Only just read this thread, which means I've read it all at one go, starting with the slightly tongue-in-cheek remarks about all that print spent on "cleaning your MH."

Maybe that's why I notice the irony - ie that everyone DOES want to write a lot of stuff on the subject after all! :-D :-D

Tony

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tony Jones - 2008-02-04 9:25 AM

Only just read this thread, which means I've read it all at one go, starting with the slightly tongue-in-cheek remarks about all that print spent on "cleaning your MH."

Maybe that's why I notice the irony - ie that everyone DOES want to write a lot of stuff on the subject after all! :-D :-D

Tony

yes, admin will want this thread to run for 4 pages, just to prove a point (lol)

Still, 4 pages (part 1) on how to clean my motorhome, and a few pictures thrown in to show someone spaying cleaning products, is just stupid

Globetrotter - 2008-02-04 2:38 PM

Off topic I know, but I recently DID adopt a Greyhound!!

:-D

good stuff. This is our second one. We got one 5 years ago from the rspca when he was 8.........so he did well. The most heart breaking thing i have ever had to do was taking him to the vets :-(

4 weeks later and we now have another white greyhound, 3 years old, x irish racer. He's a really nice dog. Won his first race, then got worse and worse (lol)

Tracker - 2008-02-04 5:05 PM

Perhaps you could publish a four page article on how to keep a retired greyhound clean for us please!

LOL (lol)

Shower him once a month using a dog shampoo

Brush daily

Hose down legs to get mud off after walk

Thats it

Could add some pictures to pad it out if you want?

Being a newbie the article was of interest to me. I may have looked back afterwards and thought it was common sense, but then maybe I could have gone and scoured my windows.

The whole of any magazine will never suit everbody all the time, for example, until I've gained confidence in my Kontiki, found out about some of the things that can go wrong and how to put them right, I am not too interested in reading about touring abroad. I haven't had my van long so I'm not too interested in reading reviews on new vehicles. So for me that's quite a number of pages of every motorhome magazine I am in no urgency to read at this present time.

When I went up to see the motorhome before I purchased it, I found one of the tyres had some serious cracks in the walls. If it hadn't been for the magazines and these forums I may not have checked the tyre walls, even though I know to check the tread of the tyre. All the other tyres were fine and looked new, but again if it wasn't for the magazines and what you guys and gals post, I have kept my eye on them. And a few weeks ago I found another tyre's wall was cracking, so have now replaced that too.

I've had a problem with my freshwater system and by scanning the forums I think I have just about sorted it out.

I think there is a good mixture in the mags for both newbies and the more experienced motorhomers, but even then I wouldn't expect them to suit everybody each month. And the good thing about these forums is you can post what you want to know about, and someone will reply to it.

Guest Tracker
handyman - 2008-02-05 7:35 AM

crag,

All i'm saying is one page would have done it, not 4 pages (with 4 more next month?) with pictures

Would you rather have three more pages of lucrative advertising instead - or should the magazine have been three pages shorter?

Better of three choices maybe?

Tracker - 2008-02-05 9:30 AM

Would you rather have three more pages of lucrative advertising instead - or should the magazine have been three pages shorter?

I would have thought it would be better to have a proper technical article of some kind..... *-)

Guest Tracker
Globetrotter - 2008-02-05 11:47 AM

Tracker - 2008-02-05 9:30 AM

I would have thought it would be better to have a proper technical article of some kind..... *-)

There are many pages of the MMM that I don't read as they do not interest me.

Nevertheless I still consider the magazine to be very well balanced and able to provide items of interest for all categories and abilities of motor caravanners - except 'non site' and 'aire' type campers that is!

I glanced though rather than read the full article on cleaning as it seemed a bit simplistic for my taste but I don't doubt that many people, especially relative newcomers to our sport, would find it informative and it may well have reached a wider audience than a technical article?

I don't really know!

Guest Tracker
davenewell@home - 2008-02-04 9:20 PM

But which is worse guys, a four page article on how to clean your motorhome or a multi paged discussion thread on here about a four page article on how to clean your motorhome? 8-)

D.

At least on here contribution is varied and optional!

i is trying to be balanced and unbiased, in a cornish sort of way, me ansums, but how can our tracker make so much comment on an article he as never read (by is own ammission). Me an denzil discussed it down the pub and us cum up with the conclusuion that tracker probably lives in a house without bath nor shower, so tis simply a case of not knowing what being clean and well polished really is.

farcelafred

Guest Tracker
fred grant - 2008-02-06 7:51 PM

i is trying to be unbalanced and biased, in a cornish sort of way, me ansums, but how can our tracker make so much comment on an article he as never read (by is own ammission). Me an denzil discussed it down the pub and us cum up with the conclusuion that tracker probably lives in a house without bath nor shower, so tis simply a case of not knowing what being clean and well polished really is.

farcelafred

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, here we go again.

There are several ways to respond to insults and unprovoked personal attacks.

I could launch a return attack, but as I have never actually met Fred, that would not be appropriate.

I could pass comment on Fred's grammar, his spelling, his style of writing or the content of many of his postings.

But I won't - because we are all free to post our views in our own style - as long as they are not insulting or deliberately offensive.

When have I ever insulted you Fred?

What makes you think it is funny or clever to have a go at me?

So Fred, you may wish to consider that an unreserved apology would be appropriate?

Guest Tracker
handyman - 2008-02-07 12:51 PM

he could clean your campervan as a form of an apology B-)

Gee thanks Handyman although having read Fred's profile he does not seem qualified!

But then again if he has actually read and inwardly digested the contents of the said four page article he ought to be well qualified.

Would you trust him with yours?

Archived