Motorhome channel on the telly!

Tomo3090

Tomo3090 - 2008-02-03 10:17 PM

Is this a figment of the imagination or does it exist? I have searched SKY+ and can find no trace but several people have mentioned it. Has anyone else seen it and what channel number is it and when?

So many questions from one so young! :-D

If it's the one I caught Tomo it's a programme rather than a channel and is complete third rate rubbish. This and the sister programme "Caravan Sights" looks as if it was produced in the 60's. The programme I saw had a feature on Coachbuilt Motorhomes that was so superficial it didn't even show any interiors.

V

the best episode me ansums was when MMM was on a couple of months ago. chap called camper gorge (i think) who us recognised from peterburgh show once (nice chap i seem to remember who helped sort our wing mirroe problem(. but channel as gone downhill since then, seems all a bit made up - a bit like alice on a nite out in loswithiel.

f

If a few more people put in some constructed comments but i guess

that is to difficult.(for one or two on this forum)

This could be a good channel if help was given the forum for

Caravan channel does ask help and suggestions.

I do not think they will get many from this Forum.

This is the only Caravan and Motorhome channel you can

help it or kill it. (^)

fred grant - 2008-02-04 7:47 PM

the best episode me ansums was when MMM was on a couple of months ago. chap called camper gorge (i think) who us recognised from peterburgh show once (nice chap i seem to remember who helped sort our wing mirroe problem(. but channel as gone downhill since then, seems all a bit made up - a bit like alice on a nite out in loswithiel.

f

So what's wrong with a night out with Alice in Lostwithiel? Nice girl, great metropolis! Second only to Plymouth!

f

So what's wrong with a night out with Alice in Lostwithiel? Nice girl, great metropolis! Second only to Plymouth!

shhhhh pete my biddy. we gets a lot of faults with our elddis which requires a lot of visits for fred to that nice motorhome dealership in your union street.

fffffffffred

I agree with Mel64 the caravan channel is the only one i know of and it costs nothing for me to watch. Chris Gosling is enthusiastic and tries his best. I have been with caravans and motorohmes for going on 35 years but i dont think im above this chap. My mind boggles

• 4 years later...
I've watched a few of Chris Goslings offerings over the past year on the Caravan Channel, and now on the Motorhome channel, at least its a start, and we should support their (Information TV) efforts. cannot expect anything too contentious because it must be hard to attract funding/advertising on the same channel you can also find Caravan finder TV this week holidays with rug rats in N France. Video's of some of their features can be found on the WWW @ http://caravanchannel.co.uk/.

I watch the motorhome channel on Freesat, cant think of the channel No now about 400 odd.

Watched it couple of nights ago, on a A class from Oak Tree motorhomes, quite informative, for newbies, may be a little tame for anoraks though, but its a start, its on weekly I think.

Guest pelmetman
We've been watching the caravan show on "Quest" ;-) ................. particularly liked the restoration of the Berckley double deck caravan B-)

The channel is on Information TV on Sky 212 or Freesat 402. It is better than when motorhomes were part of the old Caravan Channel,that was dire. The presenter/cameraman waved his arms like a demented windmill and spoke about features that were never shown on camera and the sound when interviewing needed another microphone.

The new programme has Andy Harris of Road Pro as presenter.

The USA and Canada has some fantastic RV.Camping and Outdoor programmes mainly on cable,some can be seen online.

Archived