Fiamma Safari room for Swift Bolero

rossko

Guest Le Thou

Hi Rossko

We had the Fiamma Safari room for our last M/home (we still have it) and only used it once, the problem being that we tend to move evry couple of days so couldn.t really be bothered to erect evey time. We did consider a driveaway awning but never got round to it.

It didn't do for us ....too fiddly

Sue

I bought a fiamma safari for my van. 3.5 mm roll out awning with the zip awning. Got a good deal as a friend of ours worked for thetfords at the time and knew people in the trade :-D

My van is a five birth. I have two kids and often take friends and other family away for weekends. It is ideal using as either another room or somewhere to sleep. One bugbear is that it isn't a patch on a caravan awning. Not as big and not as draught free, but worth it.

It only takes about 1 hour to put up and apart from the two side poles that go into the roll out, can be erected mainly on your own with set of small steps.

One small thing. They don't seem to be completely water tight. But ideal for the summer when we never get any rain in England!!

Hope this helps, or have I put you off ?

Thank you both for your thoughts. Not put us off as we wouldn't use it all the time but intend holidaying with family who will be camping in their own tent on occassions & our thoughts are to keep to a minimum the number of times the granchildren make it into the M/H!!!! Need to know that the effort & expense involved will be worth it.

We bought one of these in February 2006 from a company exhibiting at the NEC show and we've only used it twice. We very rarely stay on a site for longer than one or two nights. The main exception was when we went on a five night Red Funnel holiday on the Isle of Wight.

I suppose it depends on your circumstances but we have no grandchildren and prefer to keep moving to see as many places as we can during our all too short holidays. Roll on retirement :-D

We had a Fiamma Zip awning room with our previous motorhome. It was used probably once per year when we stayed on a site in the south of France for about 3 weeks. It served its purpose well, and certianly made a very stable awning, as long as the additional ties were placed across it in very windy conditions.

It took some time to properly erect it, and that was time well spent, and gave us the benefit of 'outside' space when the weather was a little cooler in the evenings, or when wet, and especailyl for entertaining!

Bear in mind the extra weight and space required to carry this, however. When buying our present van we went for the wind out awning only, and also have the sun/rain bloeckers which can be added across the ends or front very easily and quickly, although so far, apart from our saty in France last August/ September, have not made a great deal of use of these.

We have one on our caravan and use it all of the time, serves all of the purposes mentioned here quiet well. Easilly erected by myself in about 1 hour

We do the cooking in ours, if/when we do eat at the van

If there is a weakness it is in the knuckle ends that pull out of the pole, they can be a bit brittle so we now carry spares.

Fasten down well in the wind

Archived