gas consumption weeks skiing

jondiane

Hello going to france skiing for a week we have a bessacarr e795 that has two 13kg bottles do you think we will get threw them in a week.we are staying on aires and we like to be warm at night.i know its a bit of a randam question because people have different habits just after a ruff guide. thank`s to those who reply

Guest Tracker

I would expect you to be fine as long as you start with two full bottles and not with one nearly empty!

When VERY cold in the UK the very worst we have ever got though was a 6kg bottle in 6 days so on that basis you will have about 4 times more gas than we used and should be fine.

Hi

We go skiing quite regularly for 3 weeks at a time which is why we have invested in 1 bottle of 11 kg Gaslow system and we carried a spare 6kg bottle so we can change over if we run out. We came back from our last trip having used the gaslow and refilled it as well as threequarters of the red propane 6kg bottle. We were away 20 days, not all I may hasten to add at altitude and we did stay on the aires so you should be Ok for a couple of weeks as long as you don't keep the temp up around 20degs inside the van. Let it tickover at no4 setting which should give you 10 -12 degs in the van overnight. The amount of heat required will be directly proportional to the effectiveness of your window insulation. We have now made up our own exterior insulation. We then put in the shiney interior insulation sheet and then pull up the blind. We also insulate the heiki roof lights. This ystem has reduced our heat loss considerably and at times we

were experiencing -12 to -15 degs (outside) at night time. We do also have two CO2 alarms---- just in case

Ned

jon&diane - 2008-02-04 4:15 PM

Hello going to france skiing for a week we have a bessacarr e795 that has two 13kg bottles do you think we will get threw them in a week.we are staying on aires and we like to be warm at night.i know its a bit of a randam question because people have different habits just after a ruff guide. thank`s to those who reply

We took two 13kgs for the week hubby likes his fleece on indoors with the heating full on . We never even got through one of them and I was cooking xmas dinner and boxing day dinner .. 2x13 is well ample .

We like it hot .

Archived